Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Another $99.00 SkiFi promo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 08:54 PM

For a very limited time, and only for a select group of web site visitors, we are offering a new Delphi SKYFi XM Radio and home or car accessory kit for only $99 if you fill out a short, multiple-choice survey.

In exchange for your time (2 to 3 minutes) and responses, you’ll be taken to a site where you can purchase either an XM Delphi SKYFi complete vehicle cassette kit or an XM Delphi SKYFi complete home kit for only $99, plus shipping and applicable taxes. Plus, we’ll even send the radio pre-activated and waive the activation fee. This represents a total savings of over $100.

To take the survey, learn more about the SKYFi units available, and get your new radio visit:

You must use the email address where you received this message – CORN@MINDSPRING.COM – to gain access and you can only submit one order under this special program. This is non-transferable and is only available to the original recipient of this e-mail message.

http://www.xmradio.c...et_research.jsp
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   BuggyBoyWA

BuggyBoyWA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 09:17 PM

You will need a valid e-mail address that was selected for the research to qualify. I have the details on how to get this deal without having to have any special qualifications. E-mail me if anyone is interested.
Sirius... the real satellite radio.

#3 OFFLINE   sorahl

sorahl

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 09:44 AM

I filled this survey out and placed my order without having recieved the email saying I could.
My CC was charged and I expect my Delphi to arrive sometime thurs or fri!

woohoo

john
DirecTV HR21-100
DirecTV HR20-700 x2
DirecTV Tivo (Hughes SD40) 35 hrs (disconnected)
DirecTV Tivo (DirecTV R10) 70 hrs
DirecTV Tivo (Samsung SIR40) 35 hrs (disconnected)
XM SkyFi (disco'd) XM SkyFi2, BoomBox, PCR, Honda Unit, RoadyXT

#4 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 10:48 AM

Cool....I'm expecting my SKYFi to be delivered today! :righton:

#5 OFFLINE   Beardedbosn

Beardedbosn

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 03:01 PM

Received my SKYFi unit today. Ordered it through the Family & Friends promotion that John Corn clued me into. Slapped it together and had full service within 30 minutes.:cool:

Chris Cooke

#6 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 03:39 AM

Hope the wife enjoys it as well, glad to hear everything went smooth.

I jut got mine as well, although my activation wasn't that smooth.
I made 4 different calls to XM over about a 3 hr. period and the advanced techs were stumped why my radio wouldn't download the channels, finally they gave up as well. The nice gentleman from XM was going to have engineering call me next day, but low and behold about an hour later the channels loaded in. :)

It's working fine. :)

#7 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 09:13 AM

John I just talked to someone from XM, and I am told they are swamped with Activations which may be causing the delay that you had with your radio.

Seems like many folks are trying to activate their radio before midnight tonight when the activation and savings specials all end.

Let us know how you like your XM after you played with it a few days. :)

#8 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 09:51 AM

Scott, everything is working great, I LOVE XM !!
I'm sitting here listening to my Delphi BoomBox now. :)

Although I took it to work and was unable to get a signal.
There was one small spot in my office where I could get a small terrestrial signal.....but not quite strong enough to keep it playing I kept loosing my signal. :(

I hooked up the home kit to my home stereo and its sounds awesome there. I really do like the product and service. :)

Matter of fact, as I was justing sitting here typing XM just called and wanted to make sure everything was still working for me and how I liked the service. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...