Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Gospel Music Channel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,289 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:21 AM

Sky Angel announced yesterday that the 'Gospel Music Channel' will be offered as
a part of its satellite service beginning Aug. 1. The channel will also eventually be
added to Sky Angel's IPTV service.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:48 PM

What are they dumping to make room?
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#3 OFFLINE   narnia777

narnia777

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:18 PM

I was watching Spirit on 9717 which I'm really glad it's on 24/7 again... they had a special announcement that beginning Aug 1st that Spirit will be on overnight again on 9703 KTV. So I guess they are dumping 24/7 Spirit for Gospel Music TV. Is this the same Gospel music channel they used to carry?

Jim

What are they dumping to make room?

#4 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:47 AM

Spirit 9716was still on at midnight yesterday as well as on KTV. I paged into the future and no mention of GMT was seen in the EPG.

#5 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:55 PM

If you receive the sky angel e newsletter they state that Spirit is being switched back to KTV , part time at night UNTIL the launch of the new IPTV service! No where do they state that Satellite is being discontinued etc so are people just supposed to guess? assume? heck, most people probably do not know what IPTV even is! I would like to see a good old fashioned snail mail to all subscribers, lifetime monthly, yearly and 10 yr to explain exactly WHAT is going on and HOW it will affect those of us!

#6 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:56 AM

The Gospel Music Channel is now on 9716.

#7 OFFLINE   narnia777

narnia777

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:17 AM

The Gospel Music Channel is now on 9716.

I actually like it so far. I don't like the many commercial breaks. I do like the content of much of the programming.

There are times I still like Spirit with it's random music videos and I tune in for blocks of time late at night on 9703.

Jim

Protected By... spam firewall...And...