Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Your Most viewed DVD?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 10:50 PM

Anyone have a particular DVD that you pop in a bit more frequently then the others in your collection? For me it's Sleepy Hallow, I don't know what it is about that movie, but everytime a head goes rolling I start to laugh. But the blood is not realistic enough the, last time I sliced my finger open, the stuff that came out was not a dark shade of pink :) My second viewwd most DVD is Gladiator.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 07:21 PM

I have lots of DVDs that I've never actually sat and watched all the way through even once, yet I've managed to watch THE IRON GIANT 3 times. It is the very definition of an overlooked, under-rated classic.
Fox News : It grows on you... kinda like cancer.

#3 OFFLINE   geneb11

geneb11

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 03:41 AM

I would have to say "TWISTER" you gotta love this movie on DVD.

#4 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 08:04 AM

Possibly "Quigley Down Under" if I could ever get it back from the friend I loaned it to. The sound of that rifle through a good sound system is worth the price of admission.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#5 OFFLINE   raj2001

raj2001

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 929 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 08:41 AM

Men in Black DTS. I can't remember how many times I've played it.

#6 OFFLINE   bkwest

bkwest

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 08:42 AM

Originally posted by geneb11
I would have to say "TWISTER" you gotta love this movie on DVD.

This was my fav. But I was in a Tornado on May 3rd 1999 In Oklahoma city and since that it has not been the same. Before you ask how close I was to the tornado let me tell you. IT ACCUALLY HIT US. We were under an over pass (not for long mind you) and it blew us out of there. I was knocked 150+ ft down I-35 like a little rag doll, I lost my right shoe and one of my other friends lost his right shoe, Many of the people under there lost their lives, I consider myself lucky to have only lost one of my shoes. :/
---
bkw

#7 OFFLINE   leestoo

leestoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 10:33 AM

The one that I watched the most is Shawshank Redemption. I have probably watched it 15 to 20 times.
VMS man

#8 OFFLINE   Unthinkable

Unthinkable

• Registered
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 05:31 PM

Run Lola Run or The Crow probably. I think Amelie is well on its way to earning a spot like this as well.
"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." (Capt. Jack Aubrey)

#9 OFFLINE   gcutler

gcutler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 05:50 PM

Braveheart! Nothing like watching a Scotsman MOON in Widescreen :D
4900 on a SA TiVo and a 508

#10 OFFLINE   Karl Foster

Karl Foster

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 06:10 PM

Shrek
"If you took the time to get to know me, well, you'd be wasting your time. I am exactly who you think I am." - Earl Hickey

#11 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 09:52 PM

Originally posted by bkwest

IT ACCUALLY HIT US. We were under an over pass (not for long mind you) and it blew us out of there. I was knocked 150+ ft down I-35 like a little rag doll, I lost my right shoe and one of my other friends lost his right shoe, Many of the people under there lost their lives, I consider myself lucky to have only lost one of my shoes. :/

Wow! Glad you are okay.

My most watched DVD and movie of all time for me is Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I know, it was a dud, but it introduced me to the wonderful world of great film scores and Jerry Goldsmith. Ever since the release in 1979, I have also discovered James Horner, John Williams, Bruce Broughton and other great movie composers. My life has never been the same.

I also really enjoy the DVD because Robert Wise (the director) was able to go back and finally finish the movie. Now ST:TMP is complete and much better than when it was first released.

#12 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 12:55 AM

Over the last couple weeks, it's been Lilo and Stitch. If it isn't already, it will soon become my most often played DVD!

#13 OFFLINE   Bardman

Bardman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 07:01 PM

Star Wars Episode 1... I have a 4 year old.....

Of course, before that, it was Toy Story 2, and next movie to be repeated entirely too frequently will probably be Star Wars Ep 2.

Of course, he (like me) likes them played at "mommy upsetting" volume!!
My Setup:
HR23 in Family Room via HDMI to Samsung DLP
HR23 in Theater via HDMI to Mitsubishi HC1500 projector
H24 in Master Bedroom
(All above using whole home)
DTivo (6.2 with MRV) in Kid's Play room
3 DTivos "spare", unsubbed in kids rooms to pull from "thier" DTivo

Brad B

#14 OFFLINE   Jasonbp

Jasonbp

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 08:15 PM

Right now it's "Ghostbusters", I just bought "TMNT", "TMNT 2" and "TMNT 3" off Amazon. So, one of those will be my most viewed in about 3 months.

#15 OFFLINE   CoriBright

CoriBright

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 11:16 PM

Galaxy Quest.... closely follow by Four Wedding and a Funeral and Twister, Speed and The Net.

We're suprised our GQ isn't worn out yet!

Cari
www.coribright.com
Cari
www.coribright.com
www.juganet.com
www.jaredletochat.com
www.doausa.com

#16 OFFLINE   John Walsh

John Walsh

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:57 PM

The Fifth Element, Kiss the Girls, Pitch Black and Event Horizon
John Walsh
E*/508/2X 522/921 (on my 4th 921)
XM Delphi Sky Fi
My DVD Collection
Boot Version: 120B
Flash Version: F051
SW Version: L215

#17 OFFLINE   Timco

Timco

Woof!

• Gold Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 03:45 PM

Fifth Element & Matrix

#18 OFFLINE   gcutler

gcutler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 04:30 PM

Fifth Element? Milla Jojovivich running around wearing just a few Band-Aids, Nothing wrong with that :D
4900 on a SA TiVo and a 508

#19 OFFLINE   Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP

Icon

• Registered
  • 843 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 05:59 PM

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas has spent an inordinate amount of time in my DVD player over the last few years since it's release, though it hasn't been popped in for a while. When the Criterion Collection version comes out shortly, I predict a great resurgence in Fear and Loathing viewing!

#20 OFFLINE   toddjb

toddjb

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 09:22 AM

Originally posted by Lyle_JP
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas has spent an inordinate amount of time in my DVD player over the last few years since it's release...

Wow...great flick. Its one of those, however, that only people who read the book seem to really appreciate. By far the funniest book I've ever read.

THE MATRIX is by far the most played movie in my collection. Its not even the greatest video or sound quality out there (no DTS), but its damn good, loud, action packed and thus the DVD I throw in for a demo when people first see my home theatre. I usually throw it in at the lobby shooting spree and we end up watching the rest. So...I've seen the last half of the movie much more than the first half! :)

-todd

Protected By... spam firewall...And...