Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Two new space launches in HD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

HDNet is showing a couple of launches in August. The first is at 5:20 Eastern Time on Friday, August 3. It's a Delta II rocket. The second one is on Tuesday, August 7 at 6 p.m. Eastern Time. It is the space shuttle Endeavor. I've included the descriptions below.

Fri, Aug 3 - 5:20 AM ET
5:20 AM ET NASA on HDNet - LIVE!
Mission to Mars - The Phoenix Mars Lander will launch aboard a Delta II rocket, bound for the Red Planet. The robot will investigate whether water on Mars could, or did, sustain life. Live Coverage.

Tue, Aug 7 - 6:00 PM ET
3:00 PM PT NASA on HDNet - LIVE!
Space Shuttle Endeavour STS-118 Launch - Coverage from the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral Florida of the launch of Shuttle Endeavor (STS-118). Endeavor will be bound for the International Space Station. Former teacher Barbara Morgan will be on board; she was the backup teacher to Christa McAuliffe on the ill-fated Challenger mission in 1986.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:36 AM

The Delta launch could be quite interesting in that it has 9 boosters. I don't know if I will head up there for the launch though as 5:20AM is a bit early for me. :lol:
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#3 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:45 PM

The Delta launch could be quite interesting in that it has 9 boosters. I don't know if I will head up there for the launch though as 5:20AM is a bit early for me. :lol:

Thank God for DVRs.

#4 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,237 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:36 AM

With NASA's recently disclosed 12-hour "bottle-to-throttle" policy, that would shift
the launch time to 5:20 p.m., perfect to catch the Sun illuminating the launch from
the western sky, an excellent angle for photography.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#5 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:40 AM

:lol:

#6 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:44 AM

Delta Launch moved to August 4th, Saturday Morning, 5:26AM (10 minutes earlier).
http://spaceflightno...king/index.html

#7 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:16 AM

Delta Launch moved to August 4th, Saturday Morning, 5:26AM (10 minutes earlier).
http://spaceflightno...king/index.html

Thanks! Time to reset the DVR.

spam firewall