Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDNet concerts, can you buy?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

I absolutely love the HDNet concerts. Without question the best programing on TV. PQ and sound is great. I have recored several of the concerts on my HR20 DVR. I'm afraid though that one day I will have to reformat the unit and I will lose my recorded programs. I do not own a DVD recorder and besides I understand that DVD recorders don't record in HD. I'm only interested in HD programs.
In particular, I can't stand the thought of one day not having the Dickey Betts and the Great Southern Live Concert. Dickey Betts is incredible, I can't stop watching and listening to "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed".

My question is:
Are HDNet's concert DVD's available?
Geaux !!!..... LSU - Saints - Hornets

1 - HR20-700 / 1 Genie HR34 / 2 -clients
Native setting Off / 720p and 1080i
Network connected / U.S.Robotics MAXg wireless router and bridge
Slimline dish / swms
OTA antenna CM4228 in attic

Samsung HLS5687 TV 1080
Toshibia A3 HD-DVD
Sony DG800 receiver
Boston Acoustics speakers / 5-1

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

Good quality DVD recorders are not overly expensive these days. Rocorded from an HD source (HR20) they come out very good. If you buy one ensure it can record in 16x9, it will playback on your set very well. I enjoy mine. I take the DVD and rip the sound track to a CD to play in the car.

#3 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

I know the Blu Ray versions of some of them are available on Amazon.com
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#4 OFFLINE   Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

Good quality DVD recorders are not overly expensive these days. Rocorded from an HD source (HR20) they come out very good. If you buy one ensure it can record in 16x9, it will playback on your set very well. I enjoy mine. I take the DVD and rip the sound track to a CD to play in the car.

This morning I took your advice went to Sam's and bought a DVD/VC recorder (Sony RDR-VX525).

The recorded PQ isn't near HD but I must say it's better then I expected, it's very watchable.
I've also made my wife happy because now I can record all out old VHS and video cassettes to DVD.
I'm glad I bought it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Geaux !!!..... LSU - Saints - Hornets

1 - HR20-700 / 1 Genie HR34 / 2 -clients
Native setting Off / 720p and 1080i
Network connected / U.S.Robotics MAXg wireless router and bridge
Slimline dish / swms
OTA antenna CM4228 in attic

Samsung HLS5687 TV 1080
Toshibia A3 HD-DVD
Sony DG800 receiver
Boston Acoustics speakers / 5-1

Protected By... spam firewall...And...