Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I can't tell what software I'm upgrading to

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   keywestsunshine

keywestsunshine

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

Ok, I'm a newbie at this but when I try to update my H20-100, this is what's showing as being downloaded Top left corner says "2/1/20" Top right corner says "7D/0006/100C/02/0113". When I check the version under Info & Sat it says: Original Version: 003E 020E, B00000113" Past Upgrade: 100C, Wed 11/29 at 4:12pm Future Upgrade: Not Scheduled.

Help?? What am I supposed to see when it's downloading the newest/latest software version?

Thanks for any input anyone can offer

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:18 PM

Ok, I'm a newbie at this but when I try to update my H20-100, this is what's showing as being downloaded Top left corner says "2/1/20" Top right corner says "7D/0006/100C/02/0113". When I check the version under Info & Sat it says: Original Version: 003E 020E, B00000113" Past Upgrade: 100C, Wed 11/29 at 4:12pm Future Upgrade: Not Scheduled.

Help?? What am I supposed to see when it's downloading the newest/latest software version?

Thanks for any input anyone can offer

:welcome_s to DBSTalk

The H20-100 does not show what software version it is downloading. You have to check the info screen after it is done and restarts back up. But why are you trying to download software? I don't know if you know what CE updates are and if that is what you are trying to do. But there is no CE update for it tonight. If you just added the receiver to your system it will download the newest software by itself after it is running for about 10 minutes. It will reset by itself and download it. Also 100C may still be the software in your area. DIRECTV is rolling out a national sofware update for you receiver but it has not made it to everyone yet.

#3 OFFLINE   jasrx316

jasrx316

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:21 PM

The same thing is happening to me although I have 2 H20-100's and one got the update and the other didnt. Go figure.
Setup
HR24-200 (0x04D1) Master Bedroom
HR24-200 (0x04D1) Living Room
H25-100 (0x04C6) Office

Protected By... spam firewall...And...