Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Upgrade and a few questions?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   korkle

korkle

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:21 PM

After three boxes, I finally have one that is working "correctly". There are a couple of things that I don't sem to be able to find:
1. Is there an "autorecord" ? The manual says there is but it does not show up on any menu. The idea is to duplicate the wishlist from Tivo. Search for a show and even it is not on the schedule mark it to record if it ever shows up.
2. What is the record red light? When my box is recording a show a yellow light comes on. Every once in a while (even when it is not recording a show) that same light will golw red for 10-30 seconds. What is this?
3. Is there a way to clean up the channels I receive list so that searches don't include all the spanish, etc channels that I do not receive. Or have it search only in the Fav. list I have selected?
Thanks in advance for your help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tfederov

tfederov

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:31 PM

Hello and welcome!

1) You do a search by keyword and then can narrow it down to what you want (Tigers: Sports > Baseball) and then select Autorecord

2) Your box is dialing out to DIRECTV

3) Not that I've found, someone else might have more info on that but to the best of my knowledge, it's going to search everywhere.
- Tony

SWiM16, H21-100, H23-600, H21-700 w/AM21, HR24-500, HR24-100 w/AM21, (3) HR20-700
All receivers networked via DECA
MediaShare using TVersity on Win 7 VM over Mac Snow Leopard

#3 OFFLINE   Koz

Koz

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

Regarding question 3...

There is no way currently to do what you're asking. The problem with "Channels I Receive" is not with the HR20, but with the data stream. D* tried to get it to work about 6 months ago, but it caused a problem with other receivers, I believe TiVo-powered ones. I think they are still working on it, but it doesn't work right now.

#4 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

won't affect the search function but it will make your guide easier to page thru.. you will have to set a favorites channel by channel right now..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#5 OFFLINE   korkle

korkle

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I had not tried a search by "keyword" to find the autorecord. That seems a little "off" to me. For instance: The series Standoff is not on the schedule, but if I put it in as a key word search, will it not record any program that has the word "Standoff" in the description as well as the title? A better way would be to have "autosearch" as a option on all the serch menus.

#6 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,039 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:31 PM

Autorecord works for everything except "title" right now. Dont know when the fix is due out or even if they are working on it. Standoff had its last episode last week and was cancelled by FOX so its not coming back again.

#7 OFFLINE   korkle

korkle

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:23 AM

Thanks, I knew standoff was CX but was just using it as an example.

#8 OFFLINE   Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• Registered
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

After three boxes, I finally have one that is working "correctly". There are a couple of things that I don't sem to be able to find:
1. Is there an "autorecord" ? The manual says there is but it does not show up on any menu. The idea is to duplicate the wishlist from Tivo. Search for a show and even it is not on the schedule mark it to record if it ever shows up.

Autorecord is Broken <--but there is a workaround.

3. Is there a way to clean up the channels I receive list so that searches don't include all the Spanish, etc channels that I do not receive.

This is one of the problems with Autorecord. The Favorite Channels Filters are active for the Guide but not for the Search Results.

You can filter by Figure Skating, Cricket, or Horror Movies but currently there is not a way to filter on your Favorite Channels except in the Guide.

The TiVo Users Survival Guide and Undocumented Tips & Tricks also have some help for a former TiVo user.

Please take the Wish List Survey and vote on these requests.

- Craig

spam firewall