Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Favorites List Suggestion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   klwillis

klwillis

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

I have a suggestion for the Favorites list.
Enable a Toggle option to restrict recordings to channels in the Active Favorites list. For both DirecTV DVRs.
I know this has been suggested before I am just repeating to keep it in the air.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

This is something that many have requested. The "Channels I Receive" requests are usually the biggest area in which which this is being requested and is related to this topic.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,647 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

I would rather see the "Channels I Receive" feature get fixed.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,798 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

I would rather see the "Channels I Receive" feature get fixed.

+1
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:50 PM

[moderation] Thread moved to HR20 Q&A[/moderation]

While no one is suggesting they are, I would to be clear that, IMHO, these are not mutually exclusive. CIR must be fixed as it is the foundation for an advanced DVR experience (autorecord, search, etc.)

At the same time a Favorites filter is such a basic filter that it too really needs to be in any DVR these days.

(and to truly excel, some boolean logic on multiple filters is the next step.)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#6 OFFLINE   Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• Registered
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:29 PM

I have a suggestion for the Favorites list.
Enable a Toggle option to restrict recordings to channels in the Active Favorites list. For both DIRECTV DVRs.
I know this has been suggested before I am just repeating to keep it in the air.

+1

Channel I Receive will only address some of the problems. They need to do the full solution. Here is a simple way we worked out:

A Simple Channels I Receive Solution

It is the solution that Dish, and every other major DVR receiver competitor uses. My Sony SAT-T60 had the perfect solution in 2001.

- Craig

#7 OFFLINE   MartyS

MartyS

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:22 AM

[moderation] Thread moved to HR20 Q&A[/moderation]

While no one is suggesting they are, I would to be clear that, IMHO, these are not mutually exclusive. CIR must be fixed as it is the foundation for an advanced DVR experience (autorecord, search, etc.)

At the same time a Favorites filter is such a basic filter that it too really needs to be in any DVR these days.

(and to truly excel, some boolean logic on multiple filters is the next step.)

Cheers,
Tom

+2

And, I would love to be able to put characters into the search box... many shows start with or include a character, not just a letter in their names, and right now you can't easily search on those... as an example -- 'Til Death, with Brad Garrett.
Marty

My Setup

Life is in HD and 3D -- be sure to enjoy it!!

Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#8 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,782 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:33 AM

I have a suggestion related to the Favorites list: Make the selection of a Favorites list in the menu IMMEDIATELY close the menu and activate that new favorites list.

It's silly that right now if you go to the menu and change to a different Fav list, you have to then press menu or exit to close the menu and see the results of changing to a different Fav list.

Instead, when you select a different Fav in the menu, just close the menu automatically, following the same behavior in Playlist when the user chooses a different "List By ... " method.

#9 OFFLINE   bc3tech

bc3tech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:28 AM

+2

And, I would love to be able to put characters into the search box... many shows start with or include a character, not just a letter in their names, and right now you can't easily search on those... as an example -- 'Til Death, with Brad Garrett.

how about being able to enter into the search box using the remote like a cell phone keypad... dish did this and the first time I tried searching w/ DirecTV i nearly shot myself.

#10 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:37 AM

That's an excellent idea and it has been suggested, and is being discussed here:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=84321
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...