Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Picture goes black for a second, 1-2 times every 30 minutes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chet8888

chet8888

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:30 PM

I recently moved and did the transfer of boxes with Directv. In the new setup, I'm getting the same good signal, and HD picture quality is great. But I've noticed this annoying freeze to black screen for a second. It takes a while into a new viewing (from turning it off the night before) for it to happen the first time- -to the point I start to think-- maybe it won't do it today, and then it does. Sometimes (although not as often) it is accompanied with a slight pixelation or green bottom half screen. I would think it was a signal issue perhaps, but none of the other non HD dvrs seem to be having the issue.

thanks for any thoughts.

PS- -upon initial setup, I had to red button reset it once because it didn't boot completely on initial plug in, and then a second time because it hung during guided setup (which I had to run to get the 2nd tuner recognized).

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   TriggerDeems

TriggerDeems

Godfather

• Registered
  • 344 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:37 PM

I recently moved and did the transfer of boxes with Directv. In the new setup, I'm getting the same good signal, and HD picture quality is great. But I've noticed this annoying freeze to black screen for a second. It takes a while into a new viewing (from turning it off the night before) for it to happen the first time- -to the point I start to think-- maybe it won't do it today, and then it does. Sometimes (although not as often) it is accompanied with a slight pixelation or green bottom half screen. I would think it was a signal issue perhaps, but none of the other non HD dvrs seem to be having the issue.

thanks for any thoughts.

PS- -upon initial setup, I had to red button reset it once because it didn't boot completely on initial plug in, and then a second time because it hung during guided setup (which I had to run to get the 2nd tuner recognized).

If it is only on ESPN HD, then we are all experiencing it.
Trigger

#3 OFFLINE   LR308er

LR308er

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:37 PM

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=91820
Favorite Quotes:
"Don't fry bacon naked" - Janet Campbell (circa 1995)
"My head do stink" - Tommy Early (2003)
"Ya'll ain't got no more money?!" - Exotic Dancer (2004)

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,907 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

If it's not on ESPNHD, check your signal strengths. Let us know what channel it is on.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   chet8888

chet8888

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:27 AM

If it's not on ESPNHD, check your signal strengths. Let us know what channel it is on.

It's only on ESPN, but that's all I've really watched so far in HD (too busy unpacking boxes).

the weird thing is that I didn't notice it at my other house, only a few weeks ago. I would have thought that I would have noticed it then as well, if it is a ESPN to Dtv problem.

It sounds like from the other thread that they know of the problem and are working on it.

thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...