Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Direct Channel Input

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   1964

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:25 AM

I just upgraded to the H20. Is there a way to be able to enter a channel number and go directly to the channel in your favorites. For example, if I enter 640, I want the Comcast Sports HD channel, but the H20 goes to the non HD channel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,648 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:03 AM

I know this works for my HD locals - enter the channel # and get the HD version if available. No idea on ch. 640, maybe it's a guide coding issue for D*????

#3 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

Create a favorite list and omit the channels you don't wish to tune to.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#4 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,648 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:21 AM

Create a favorite list and omit the channels you don't wish to tune to.

You can still tune directly to channels excluded from the favorties list, so if the box is defaulting to the SD version of 640, that's what he would get when entering the channel directly.

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

You can still tune directly to channels excluded from the favorties list, so if the box is defaulting to the SD version of 640, that's what he would get when entering the channel directly.

Is this one of those two channels with the same channel number?
One SD and the other HD?
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,648 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

Is this one of those two channels with the same channel number?
One SD and the other HD?

I'm guessing that's the case. I'm not in his market so I don't get the HD version of 640, but the D* site lists Comcast SportsNet Chicago (the online guide shows 640 as the channel number) with a 24/7 HD version for the Chicago market.

#7 OFFLINE   1964

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

I'm guessing that's the case. I'm not in his market so I don't get the HD version of 640, but the D* site lists Comcast SportsNet Chicago (the online guide shows 640 as the channel number) with a 24/7 HD version for the Chicago market.

Yes, both the SD and HD channels are 640. The SD channel is first. It is not in my favorites either. I can get away with it for the locals becase I use the dash.

#8 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:47 PM

Yes, both the SD and HD channels are 640. The SD channel is first. It is not in my favorites either. I can get away with it for the locals becase I use the dash.

640 HD should be listed first.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#9 OFFLINE   eandras

eandras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

I have the same problem with the SD channel and the HD channel on 622 and 625 Yes and SNY. You omit the SD channel and direct input will still bring you to the SD channel and not the HD.

Ed Andrascik

spam firewall