Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Clearing calls on CID

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MRinDenver

MRinDenver

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:22 AM

Does anyone know how to clear all calls on the CID screen?

Removing calls one at a time is tedious, and when I delete a single call, the screen defaults back to the menu screen, so I have to basically start over to delete the rest, one at a time.

Any help on how to do this will be appreciated!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man’s religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -- Mark Twain

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

Does anyone know how to clear all calls on the CID screen?

Removing calls one at a time is tedious, and when I delete a call, the screen defaults back to the menu screen, so I have to basically start over.

Any help on how to do this will be appreciated!

You cannot delete all of them at one time. But you can go to another screen to keep deleting them without going back to the menu. I am not home right now and don't remember where it is but I think if you click on the option over top of your list of CID numbers it takes you to another screen that list all of them out and you just keep deleting them.

If you cannot figure it out or if some else does not post anything let me know and when I get home I will reply.

#3 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,387 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

Does it really matter if they are cleared if the oldest drops off for a new call?
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#4 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

Does it really matter if they are cleared if the oldest drops off for a new call?

No. I never clear mine.

#5 OFFLINE   MRinDenver

MRinDenver

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

Thought I read somewhere on this site that the bucket would only hold so many, and that once full, no more calls would be logged. If that is incorrect, and the machine will delete the oldest calls first, I'm done.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man’s religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -- Mark Twain

#6 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:38 AM

Thought I read somewhere on this site that the bucket would only hold so many, and that once full, no more calls would be logged. If that is incorrect, and the machine will delete the oldest calls first, I'm done.

I think there may have been a bug with the software a while ago that was causing that problem for some people. But I have not deleted any of mine in 3 months and it keeps working.

#7 OFFLINE   metakaolin

metakaolin

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:03 AM

press Menu
select > Caller ID & Msgs
select > Edit Settings
select > Messages
select each message to delete.

This should let you delete all of them one at time without hopping back and forth to the menu

Hope this helps.

Mark

#8 OFFLINE   MRinDenver

MRinDenver

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

press Menu
select > Caller ID & Msgs
select > Edit Settings
select > Messages
select each message to delete.

This should let you delete all of them one at time without hopping back and forth to the menu

Hope this helps.

Mark

Sounds like that should work. Thank you!

#9 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,542 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:11 PM

I like to clear them to keep certain calls recorded. At least that is what I do with my phone...
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...