Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Error 13 translation ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   psweig

psweig

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

HR20-700 didn't record a manual that was set up for daily on ch9 (sd). The reason: "canceled, error 13". Does anyone know what error 13 is?
Antique
HR20-700, HR20-100, HR23-700 (passed away, hard drive in lieu of flowers), Panasonic TC-32LX85, Two receivers HDMI (Toslink audio to Sherwood R7502 7.1 A/V Receiver in living room). One receiver component.
Wired network, from Dell 530S, 2.2Dual, 3gig mem, vod enabled, AT&T 2WIRE Broadband Router in computer room. 3 mgbit download speed.
Three composite hookups to RCA RF modulator to 20" Toshiba SD TV in bedroom and 13" Samsung TV in computer room.
Added blu-ray panasonic xmas 2008, added D-link switch in living room, Roku player, March 2009.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

I've seen that error message before as well but I don't have a clue what it means. I don't think I've seen anyone here who knows - but I could very well be wrong about that.

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, HDMI to Pioneer VSX-1123-k Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 35/4 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#3 OFFLINE   cygnusloop

cygnusloop

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

This is, I think, the most current and complete thread about error 13's. Not that it defines what it actually is, though. This is the first I have heard of it happening on a manual recording.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=91585

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,601 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

On the Tivo-based DVRs it meant that something changed in the Guide Data such that the desired recording no longer matched the Guide Data.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#5 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:58 PM

On the Tivo-based DVRs it meant that something changed in the Guide Data such that the desired recording no longer matched the Guide Data.

That would make sense as most of the times I've seen it the guide data is incomplete.

You would think with all of the DirecTV employees and insiders that supposedly come around here that one could give us the definition of this all too common error message. Actually, better yet, how about fixing the problem so it doesn't happen.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...