Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No reception on 3 HD channels

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ajtmcse

ajtmcse

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:22 AM

Hi folks,

First time poster, long time lurker here.

I stepped up and had an HR20 and R-15 installed this past Saturday. A directv vendor out of the Buffalo area did the install. The installer was very knowledgeable and clearly experienced.

After he departed, I discovered that I can't recieve channels 72, 76, and 79.. Tuning to those channels results in "Searching for Satellite" messages.. He had to navigate around some decent size trees and everything else seems to be coming in ok.

I have a service call placed and someone should be out here tommorrow AM.

Any idea if those 3 channels are on the same bird?

Thanks for your time.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

Hi folks,

I stepped up and had an HR20 and R-15 installed this past Saturday. A directv vendor out of the Buffalo area did the install. The installer was very knowledgeable and clearly experienced.

After he departed, I discovered that I can't recieve channels 72, 76, and 79.. Tuning to those channels results in "Searching for Satellite" messages.. He had to navigate around some decent size trees and everything else seems to be coming in ok.

Thanks for your time.

:welcome_s to DBSTalk

Those channels are on SAT 119. Please post what your signal transponder are on that SAT.

#3 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:27 PM

Can you bring those stations back in if you, say, tune to one and find it missing, tune to another HD station in the 70s, tune to yet another HD in the 70s (which, if you have what I sometimes have) should be missing, and then tune back to the original station that was missing? If you can get it back that way, you're having a problem some of us have had with HD stations in the 70s occasionally going missing (sometimes just a blank screen, sometimes with the message "searching for signal . . ." or "channel not authorized") on one tuner but not the other (every time you change channels you change tuners).

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, HDMI to Pioneer VSX-1123-k Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 35/4 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#4 OFFLINE   ajtmcse

ajtmcse

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

Tuner 1:

1-21 is N/A
22 = 0
23 = 74
24 = 0
25-30 = 0
31 = 51
32 = 0

Tuner 2:

1-21 is N/A
22 = 0
23 = 69
24 = 0
25-30 = 0
31 = 0
32 = 0

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

There is your problem.

Either the dish is out of allignment and can't get 119...
Something is blocking your 119 feed...
Or a bad multiswitch

All those values are way too low... and the fact you are only seeing 23 and 31.... not good.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   ajtmcse

ajtmcse

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:59 PM

Thanks.

He placed the dish on a low plateau on my roof, and likely will need to move it up to the peak to navigate the tree situation.

Thanks for your time.

#7 OFFLINE   finaldiet

finaldiet

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:02 PM

There is your problem.

Either the dish is out of allignment and can't get 119...
Something is blocking your 119 feed...
Or a bad multiswitch

All those values are way too low... and the fact you are only seeing 23 and 31.... not good.

Earl. I had the same exact problem on friday. I checked everything and noticed both receivers showed same thing. When the tech was out today he checked everything and no 119 or 110. Told him to change LNB ( or is it LBN) He changed it and it worked great. Noticed a cover was missing on it and the old one had like 3 elongated bubbles on it. New one didn't. He said he only had one other before.

#8 OFFLINE   finaldiet

finaldiet

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

Hi folks,

Thanks for your time.

Had same problem and had him replace LNB and now everything works. Was missing the same HD channels.

spam firewall