Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Will NASCAR Hotpass be offered in HD next year

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

I was wondering if the NASCAR Hotpass package will be offered in HD next year because I am a HUGE NASCAR fan and I enjoy watching the Nextel Cup races in HD.

I have a Directv HR20 and a H20 along with a Samsung 32 inch widescreen and I will not go back to watch a race in SD ever again.

Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:09 PM

It is expected that NASCAR Hotpass will be HD next season.
(The additional content that NASCAR HotPass ads)

As for EVERY reace being HD... that depends on the broadcast carrier that has the rights to the race.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   racemanva

racemanva

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

All 36 NEXTEL Cup races have/will be broadcast in HD this year(FOX,TNT ABC/ESPN). The NEXTEL Challenge All-Star race which was broadcast by SPEED was done in SD. I'm pretty sure every Busch race is also scheduled to be broadcast in HD on ESPN2/ABC.

Yep, D* Hotpass might be worth a look next year if they do it in HD, until then I'll stick to the network HD Broadcast. :)
DAVID PEARSON 1999 SPORTS ILLUSTRATED "DRIVER OF THE CENTURY"

#4 OFFLINE   Mavrick

Mavrick

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:14 PM

All 36 NEXTEL Cup races have/will be broadcast in HD this year(FOX,TNT ABC/ESPN). The NEXTEL Challenge All-Star race which was broadcast by SPEED was done in SD. I'm pretty sure every Busch race is also scheduled to be broadcast in HD on ESPN2/ABC.

Yep, D* Hotpass might be worth a look next year if they do it in HD, until then I'll stick to the network HD Broadcast. :)

Actually the NEXTEL Challenge All-Star race was broadcast live on SPEED in SD this year but was being filmed in HD for it was broadcast on HDNet one week later in full HD so it might have been possible for Hotpass to have shown it in HD.
5 LNB AU9 Slimline Dish and standard 18" dish pointed at 72.5 for locals
1 HR20-700
1 HR21-700
1 HR10-250
1 R16-300
2 WB68 multiswitches

#5 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

Yes, it will. I just got a phone call 5 minutes ago from Directv informing me since I cancelled Hotpass the first day due to its lack of HD that they are giving me the remainder of the 2007 season free and that I would automatically be signed up for their "best rate" for the HD version of the 2008 season. So there you go...

#6 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:22 AM

I believe the Hotpass announcers confirmed that Hotpass would be in HD about four weeks ago. I was watching the Jr. channel (it started out with Dale Jr. and moved to Truex Jr. when Dale dropped out of the rrace due to engine problems) when they said it was official that HP would be in HD.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#7 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

I believe the Hotpass announcers confirmed that Hotpass would be in HD about four weeks ago. I was watching the Jr. channel (it started out with Dale Jr. and moved to Truex Jr. when Dale dropped out of the rrace due to engine problems) when they said it was official that HP would be in HD.

Yes, they will be in HD next year and there could be another very cool feature coming as well that should get all racing fans excited.

Stay tuned.

#8 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:36 AM

Yes, they will be in HD next year and there could be another very cool feature coming as well that should get all racing fans excited.

Stay tuned.

Holographic in the car, side by side driving experience?
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#9 OFFLINE   dodge boy

dodge boy

R.I.P. Chris Henry

• Banned User
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

Holographic in the car, side by side driving experience?

fully functioning wireless driving aparatus, so I can control a car from my couch.... :D
My equipment:
1 HR22-100 leased
1 HR22-100 owned
1 HR23-700 owned
1 R22-100 owned
1 R22-200 owned

Slimline III with a 4X8 multiswitch and an SWM8
18" round dish with a 4X8 switch on the garage

#10 OFFLINE   Badger

Badger

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:17 PM

I was wondering if the NASCAR Hotpass package will be offered in HD next year because I am a HUGE NASCAR fan and I enjoy watching the Nextel Cup races in HD.

I have a Directv HR20 and a H20 along with a Samsung 32 inch widescreen and I will not go back to watch a race in SD ever again.

Thanks in advance.

About 2 months ago I got a survey via e-mail from D* regarding Hotpass. Among the questions was " It will cost more to produce Hotpass in HD. Would you be willing to pay $30 additional for Hotpass in HD?"

Looks like they will do it in HD but we will pay $30 more for it. I enjoy Hotpass so I answered I would most likely pay the extra. :)

#11 OFFLINE   Munkey

Munkey

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

there could be another very cool feature coming as well that should get all racing fans excited

Hope it's better than ESPN's "Draftrack". That's the dumbest thing I've seen so far.

#12 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:26 PM

Hope it's better than ESPN's "Draftrack". That's the dumbest thing I've seen so far.

Draftrack takes second after the all time king of stupid sports coverage ideas: The Hockey Glow Puck.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#13 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

Draftrack takes second after the all time king of stupid sports coverage ideas: The Hockey Glow Puck.

Not draft track. More functional then that and something a fan of every driver can use. :D

#14 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

Yes, it will. I just got a phone call 5 minutes ago from Directv informing me since I cancelled Hotpass the first day due to its lack of HD that they are giving me the remainder of the 2007 season free and that I would automatically be signed up for their "best rate" for the HD version of the 2008 season. So there you go...

Do you think I could get that best rate as a new sub to hotpass? And do you know how much it will cost to get it in HD?

#15 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:05 PM

Draft Track and ESPN both SUCK especially their "In Car Reporter" that is the reason why I switched over to Hotpass so I can watch the actual race without commentators who annoy the drivers while they race. And also to get out from hearing that Aerosmith song. ESPN used to be classy but now they joined the ranks of NBC and TNT.

However, next year Hotpass will be in HD and I can listen to the FOX broadcast since I enjoy hearing "ol" DW and still watch the race through Hotpass.

#16 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

Not draft track. More functional then that and something a fan of every driver can use. :D

Free Beer? :D
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#17 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

bump

#18 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

Does anybody know if they will feature more drivers next year?

#19 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

Will everyone keep bumping this thread to keep it alive?

#20 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

Does anybody know if they will feature more drivers next year?

We probably won't know till next year.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

spam firewall