Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Harmony 680 - which button for "prev" (previous channel)?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:51 AM

Are you able to dictate where each of the assigned buttons shows up on the LCD? I have assignments in the LCD for my DLP TV, stereo receiver, and of course the HR20, so it goes on for several pages, and I just cycle through with the Next button. It'd be nice if I could place all the button assignments exactly where I want them, such as the colors all on one page, but as it is they show up as I add them. I'm too lazy to go back and redo them in order if that's how they show up.

For additonal HR20 commands, I have added the power on and off, just in case, as well as format and active and the colors. The rest are easily mapped on the 676.

Yes, you can do this. However, it is not the most obvious. When you set up the programmable buttons, you have a list. Each item in the list can be set to whatever function you choose. The first x on the list will be on the first screen, the next x on the second screen, etc.
DogLover

My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

Has anyone been able to successfully get the Replay and Advance functions to work on the 676? This is where you hold down the "skip forward" or "skip backward" button for 3 seconds to jump to the beginning or end? Mine will jump back for 6 seconds, for example, but if I continue holding it down it never takes me back to the beginning of the program.

EDIT: OK, I'll answer my own question since I just figured it out. You actually just hold down the skip forward or skip backward button for 3 seconds, release, and press again. Jumps right to the beginning or end of your buffer or recorded program.

#23 OFFLINE   Chuck W

Chuck W

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:56 PM

Has anyone been able to successfully get the Replay and Advance functions to work on the 676? This is where you hold down the "skip forward" or "skip backward" button for 3 seconds to jump to the beginning or end? Mine will jump back for 6 seconds, for example, but if I continue holding it down it never takes me back to the beginning of the program.

EDIT: OK, I'll answer my own question since I just figured it out. You actually just hold down the skip forward or skip backward button for 3 seconds, release, and press again. Jumps right to the beginning or end of your buffer or recorded program.

I actually have them working that exact way the RC34 remote works(just hold the button for 3 seconds, not having to press the button again). I was able to get it to work, by using a JP1 enabled remote. There is a second set of codes, that the HR20 recognizes, that work much better than the current codes(they work like the original remote). I loaded the second set of codes to the JP1 remote, with software and then I learned the keys from that JP1 remote to the 676.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...