Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR2x Wish List, V3

• Please log in to reply
1818 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:21 PM

Hell no. I don't want them to help the sorry Yankees. :D I hate the Yankees more then any team in any sport.

Just wait until YOU want to add an item to the list! :lol: /s

Mike .. I've got your back :lol:
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:33 AM

I'm thinking that the following item:

SKIP-TO-TICK should be triggered by pressing ADVANCE or REPLAY during FF or REW

should be changed slightly to

SKIP-TO-TICK should be triggered by pressing ADVANCE or REPLAY during FF or REW instead of current Push & Hold method

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#43 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:00 PM

I'm thinking that the following item:

SKIP-TO-TICK should be triggered by pressing ADVANCE or REPLAY during FF or REW

should be changed slightly to

SKIP-TO-TICK should be triggered by pressing ADVANCE or REPLAY during FF or REW instead of current Push & Hold method

Good idea, though I changed it instead to "Press & Hold" to keep it consistent with the manual. Also added an INFO balloon and "Press & Hold" wording to:

Use RED & GREEN buttons (or LEFT & RIGHT arrows) to jump to the START or END of a recording or the live buffer, instead of the current "PRESS & HOLD" method.

Thx. /s
/steve

#44 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

Noticed there are about 60 prior survey respondents who have not yet voted on the two new items added yesterday. Just a reminder that you don't have to retake the whole survey if you want to weigh-in on just those features. You'll see the VALUE boxes for just these two items highlighted in "blue".

Ability to review 24-48 hours of expired program information.

OPTION to turn on the SCREENSAVER when listening to music over the network.

/steve
/steve

#45 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:06 PM

Hey Steve, I have one for you to add to the wishlist even though it will not happen. MLB put a salary cap on baseball so your Yankees can stop trying to buy championships. :D

#46 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

As Mr. Angelos will tell you (remember Albert Belle?), it's not how much money you spend, but how you spend it! :lol: /s

I just wish he would spend a little money. You can't spend 70 million and play with teams like Yankees 200+ million and Red Sox 150+ million.

#47 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:04 AM

Can anyone confirm that "Never auto-delete a program marked as "keep", even if the "keep at most" number is exceeded." is still an issue that needs to remain on the Wish List? TIA. /s
/steve

#48 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,043 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

...another country heard from (me).... :D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#49 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:23 AM

...another country heard from (me).... :D

And thanks for your vote! We're up to 90 registered survey respondents in the first week... about 13 new voters each day.

Who wants to be #100? :) /s
/steve

#50 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

Can anyone confirm that "Never auto-delete a program marked as "keep", even if the "keep at most" number is exceeded." is still an issue that needs to remain on the Wish List? TIA. /s

Seems this item is no longer an issue. I'll remove it from the list for now. /steve
/steve

#51 OFFLINE   leww37334

leww37334

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:32 PM

scan for OTA channels.
“Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.” - Ayn Rand

#52 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,668 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

Ability to set a series link for a specific day and time for shows that air the same episode multiple times per day/week.

I'd like to do this so I can avoid using both tuners for recording and retain the ability to flip channels. It doesn't happen often, but there are times I see I have 2 recordings set and 1 is for a show that will repeat later that night or week.

#53 OFFLINE   gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

multiple delete for CID.
DBSTalk Chat Room Moderator

#54 OFFLINE   John in Georgia

John in Georgia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:44 PM

When scrolling through a list (i.e., beginning at the first item) allow an up-arrow to take you to the LAST item in the list. This should be faster than down-arrowing multiple times to get to the bottom.

John

#55 OFFLINE   syphix

syphix

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

When scrolling through a list (i.e., beginning at the first item) allow an up-arrow to take you to the LAST item in the list. This should be faster than down-arrowing multiple times to get to the bottom.

Ahhh...."wrap around lists"....good suggestion.

Adding onto that...on the remote setup, it's very tedious to scroll through page after page to fine my ZENITH or RCA brand TV, receiver, etc... We have letters on the number buttons, use them as you would text messaging on a phone...even if only to jump to the first letter. Example: to get to RCA, you'd press "7-7-7" (which would bring up all brands starting with "R").
Nathan
setup:
- 50" Plasma 1080p HDTV (Samsung PN50A760), 46" LCD 1080p HDTV (Samsung LN-T4665F), 32" LCD 720p HDTV (Insignia). 1 Hopper, 2 Joeys.

#56 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

2) A "jump to tick mark" feature might make it easier to jump earlier and later in a show. TiVo's have this, and it's very useful when needing to jump through a video. Example: when fast forwarding, the "Skip Advance" button (or whatever it's called) would jump to the next tick mark. When rewinding, the "instant rewind" button would jump back a tick mark.

We already have skip to tick mark. Press and hold FF or Rew for 3 seconds and it skips to the next/previous tick mark.
DogLover

My Setup

#57 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:56 PM

Oh, and VOD and DLB are on the main list now :)

#58 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

We already have skip to tick mark. Press and hold FF or Rew for 3 seconds and it skips to the next/previous tick mark.

:down: There is a better way.

#59 OFFLINE   syphix

syphix

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

Hadn't seen that! Thanks! (as brott said, this CAN be implemented better, though...)
Nathan
setup:
- 50" Plasma 1080p HDTV (Samsung PN50A760), 46" LCD 1080p HDTV (Samsung LN-T4665F), 32" LCD 720p HDTV (Insignia). 1 Hopper, 2 Joeys.

#60 OFFLINE   syphix

syphix

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:27 PM

I don't know if this is a proper way to do this (and if not, Earl, slap my wrists and delete this thread), but it can't hurt...

I don't have many "feature requests" as the HR20 is QUICKLY maturing into a very stable and feature-rich DVR. But a couple of things come to mind...feel free to add your suggestions.

*PLEASE DO NOT POST "VOD" or "DLB"...WE ALL WANT THOSE;)*

1) When setting up a Series Link, it'd be nice to be able to tell it to ONLY record the HD version of show. Example: CSI Miami is on my CBS affiliate Monday nights in HD...but they run reruns during the weekend that are NOT in HD...

2) A "jump to tick mark" feature might make it easier to jump earlier and later in a show. TiVo's have this, and it's very useful when needing to jump through a video. Example: when fast forwarding, the "Skip Advance" button (or whatever it's called) would jump to the next tick mark. When rewinding, the "instant rewind" button would jump back a tick mark.

Anyone else have some suggestions?
Nathan
setup:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...