Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR2x Wish List, V3

• Please log in to reply
1818 replies to this topic

#1801 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,820 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

This request is over two years old. Originally I requested that we use the red button to erase a recording while playing it. At the time, as I recall, if you pressed on the red button while playing a recording you got a SWIM status. That's no longer the case as now you just get a "bonk". The SWIM status is now combined with internet connection status and displayed when the dash is pressed once. So the red key seems available. Why not use it to erase a recording while it is being played, just like it is used in conjunction with erasing an item on the List. Why not?

Ffwd, skip to end and then choose delete, or hit stop and choose delete. I think that's the best you will ever get for deleting while watching a recording.

And dash is now in use all over the place, but for those who haven't noticed yet, with the latest firmware update to the hr2x units,pressing red twice while in the playlist is now the same as pressing dash dash used to be to delete. :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1802 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Ffwd, skip to end and then choose delete, or hit stop and choose delete. I think that's the best you will ever get for deleting while watching a recording.

And dash is now in use all over the place, but for those who haven't noticed yet, with the latest firmware update to the hr2x units,pressing red twice while in the playlist is now the same as pressing dash dash used to be to delete. :)

FF, skip to end, delete makes no sense. Hitting stop then choosing delete is better than list, select, red button, then delete is better as you don't need the select action. Hitting red button twice doesn't seem to work on my HR34.

Still, while watching recorded video and hitting red button to delete while running is by far the best option. Do we really have any influence in making some of the fucntions come to be?

#1803 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,827 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Darnit I did that and erased a recording I haven't seen yet since I'm so use to seeing the delete message, oh well with all these repeats it shouldn't be a problem :)

#1804 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,820 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

FF, skip to end, delete makes no sense. Hitting stop then choosing delete is better than list, select, red button, then delete is better as you don't need the select action. Hitting red button twice doesn't seem to work on my HR34.

Still, while watching recorded video and hitting red button to delete while running is by far the best option. Do we really have any influence in making some of the fucntions come to be?

I was jut saying skip to the end on any means you like and you get the delete dialogue box.

Red twice isn't on the genie yet.

I think red to delete while watching is never going to happen for several reasons.

#1805 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

I miss being asked keep or delete when I stop or exit near the end of a recording. A TiVo figures if you do that you might be done watching, and offers the prompt.
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

#1806 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,820 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

I miss being asked keep or delete when I stop or exit near the end of a recording. A TiVo figures if you do that you might be done watching, and offers the prompt.

When you hit stop you are given the screen that offers that. ;)

#1807 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

When you hit stop you are given the screen that offers that. ;)

That is true, but it takes more menu movement and clicks. I would kinda like the same pop up that appears when a recording fully runs out. Menu movement can be aggravating on these underpowered machines.
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

#1808 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

That is true, but it takes more menu movement and clicks. I would kinda like the same pop up that appears when a recording fully runs out. Menu movement can be aggravating on these underpowered machines.

I personally dislike "press and hold" options, but if you press-hold >>, it's supposed to jump to the end of the recording. Just a thought.
/steve

#1809 OFFLINE   jborchel

jborchel

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

I think red to delete while watching is never going to happen for several reasons.

What are the several reasons?

#1810 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

That feature was one of the few things I hated about the TiVo. It was impossible to stop a recording within the last 5 minutes without it resetting playback to the beginning. I don't miss it at all.

#1811 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

That feature was one of the few things I hated about the TiVo. It was impossible to stop a recording within the last 5 minutes without it resetting playback to the beginning. I don't miss it at all.

Well, that's because you were doing it wrong! :D

Normally, you'd hit the left cursor, the TiVo button, or Live TV to exit a recording. If you wanted to avoid that automatic keep/delete prompt and retain your position late in the recording, you simply need to hit pause before exiting the recording.

#1812 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Well, that's because you were doing it wrong! :D

Normally, you'd hit the left cursor, the TiVo button, or Live TV to exit a recording. If you wanted to avoid that automatic keep/delete prompt and retain your position late in the recording, you simply need to hit pause before exiting the recording.

Not on the DirecTiVos. They always lost their saved position in the last 5 minutes, no matter what button you pressed.

#1813 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,827 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Wish I can get to the recording TDL with one button press instead of various presses in the menu, but my trick is go to the list and back to live tv so in case I need to change something I just press the left arrow button to get to it faster :)

#1814 OFFLINE   RBTO

RBTO

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Wish they would move the HD/SD switch to a single momentary pushbutton of its own. Problem with the EXIT push-and-hold is if your watching a recording, looking at the list, or using the music station banner, it kills them, and you have to make several button pushes to get back to where you were after the switch. Not a clean way to switch back and forth (and you always get the "bonk" sound).

#1815 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Wish I can get to the recording TDL with one button press instead of various presses in the menu, but my trick is go to the list and back to live tv so in case I need to change something I just press the left arrow button to get to it faster :)

I'd still love to see this old wish list request granted. Updated of course, to reflect Smart Search:

"2-click" access to the following features: "Menu-1"=CC TOGGLE, "Menu-2"=TODO LIST, "Menu-3"=CYCLE FAVORITES, "Menu-4"=SERIES MANAGER, "Menu-5"=HISTORY, "Menu-6"=MANUAL RECORD, "Menu-7"=TITLE SEARCH, "Menu-8"=KEYWORD SEARCH, "Menu-9"=SAVED SEARCHES and "Menu-0"=SETUP.

Used to be able to get to shortcuts like this on the HR10-250 DirecTiVo. Anyone have a THR22 and know if you still can?
/steve

#1816 OFFLINE   jes

jes

Icon

• Registered
  • 908 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Is this thread still live? If so I have a suggestion for the Wish List...

The ability to manually add and access/view OTA channels other than those DirecTV configures in the zip code lookup.

In my case one of the network OTA channels moved from UHF to VHF. The result for me is that it is no longer consistent, but weather dependent (RF propagation) due to distance. There is a local low power transmitter on a different channel that comes in at ~65%, more than enough for a solid locked signal... unfortunately D* receivers won't allow tuning that channel because it's not in the zip code generated market channel list.
DirecTV since March 1998, HD since Oct. 2003

#1817 OFFLINE   vega

vega

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Still waiting to have any of these receivers stop recording on channels I do not get :mad:

#1818 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Is this thread still live? If so I have a suggestion for the Wish List...

The ability to manually add and access/view OTA channels other than those DirecTV configures in the zip code lookup.

In my case one of the network OTA channels moved from UHF to VHF. The result for me is that it is no longer consistent, but weather dependent (RF propagation) due to distance. There is a local low power transmitter on a different channel that comes in at ~65%, more than enough for a solid locked signal... unfortunately D* receivers won't allow tuning that channel because it's not in the zip code generated market channel list.

If that channel isn't showing up as part of your primary or secondary zip code, you might want to report is as an "issue" in the appropriate issues thread for whichever receiver you're using. Perhaps they can simply add it to the PSIP database, so you can get GUIDE info for it as well.
/steve

#1819 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'd like to see transport controls work on YouTube and Mediashare content. Not just play, pause, stop... But FF, REW, skip to tick, 30skip, 5 sec review. Remember where you left off or ability to set bookmarks would be useful for movies via Mediashare.

Speaking of YouTube, it should load HD clips as well. HD VOD watch now works great, as does YouTubeHD on Xbox... So I know my connection can support it.

Entering text is cumbersome without a responsive QWERTY keyboard. Maybe add to the iPhone and iPad app a qwerty remote where I can more easily type in search terms on my mobile and see it appear on screen much faster than triple tap or hunt and peck.

Still awaiting remote DVR management. Would like to see/arrange/backup/restore/delete series links. See hard drive space, check todo list and history. Also quick access to todo with LIST+LIST.

I also would rather see the HD / SD toggle moved from press and hold exit. My Jensen IR-RF repeaters sometimes have a hard time with press and hold commands. It's tricky to switch to SD sometimes so I can watch TV in my bedroom from the family rooms SD output. The iPad remote doesn't take press and hold commands either.

Would love if DirecTV would spend time on each individual model to optimize the OS with its hardware. Would like to see speed improvements and more fluidity via transitions and animation throughout the GUI. OpenGL or DirectFB could help hardware accelerate things to look pretty and react quickly.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

Protected By... spam firewall...And...