Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cost of addt'l HD channels in Sept

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

Godfather

• Registered
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

Awesome links, guys. Thanks!

I guess I gotta come here more often and spend more time searching the site. :D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   vestaviaScott

vestaviaScott

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:49 PM

Great information, thanks for all the help! Tech will be out next week to install the new dish. I'll let him take the extra BBCs.

I'm really liking the HR20 over my tivo 10-250.

#23 OFFLINE   MikeR

MikeR

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:19 AM

I'd keep the BBC's, they can go bad.

Great information, thanks for all the help! Tech will be out next week to install the new dish. I'll let him take the extra BBCs.

I'm really liking the HR20 over my tivo 10-250.

I would probably keep a pair for yourself. These have been known to fail frequently, and may come in handy when your reception goes bad on you in the middle of a great HD movie!
HR20-100S 2 lines | Sharp Aquos LC-32DA5U HDMI | Onkyo TX-SR 604 (digital coax) | Polk Audio RC85i
HR20-700S 1 line | Sony KP-51WS510 HDMI-DVI | Panasonic SC-HT95 | Polk Audio RC85i | Networked
R15-500 connected to an old Sanyo (1 line)
Vista Home Premium | BUFFALO WLI-TX4-G54HP | Comcast 6Mbps/Motorola SB5100 modem

#24 OFFLINE   glennb

glennb

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

I don't think we'll see 100 HD channels added to the HD package.

I think part of the 100 new HD channels means a lot more local HD channels to areas that don't have them now.

#25 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,465 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

I don't think we'll see 100 HD channels added to the HD package.

I think part of the 100 new HD channels means a lot more local HD channels to areas that don't have them now.

Not this again.

No, it is 100 nationally available channels. Some will be part time (like baseball channels for games) and some will require something higher than the full normal package (like HBO or MLB EI) but they will all be NATIONAL channels.

Why do people still post this stuff?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

spam firewall