Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

FM modulator or Cassette adapter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 12:55 PM

Which would you use?, Does either sound any better or easier to hookup?............:confused:
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 Guest_AM&FM_*

Guest_AM&FM_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2002 - 03:02 PM

I have a skyfi with a home adapter, and 2 car kits. The FM modulator was recalled so I didn't get one until about a week ago. The FM Modulator sounds terrible. Starting to look like my hardware investment was a waste of money...I do like the service, but since is sounds so bad in my car, I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. (AM Stereo is much better than the XM modulator)

#3 OFFLINE   BuggyBoyWA

BuggyBoyWA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 11:42 PM

Many people have the best experience with cassette adapters vs. an FM modulator.
Sirius... the real satellite radio.

#4 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:28 PM

I was actually able to get the cassette adapter today, I used the coupon and got it for $19.99. Just in time, coupon expires today.
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

#5 OFFLINE   BestTimesNow

BestTimesNow

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 07:25 PM

The cassette adapter will sound better that the FM modulated. If you can get a Blitzsafe or PIE adapter for your OEM car radio, then it will be much closer to CD quality. I just upgraded my FM modulated Pioneer 903 XM tuner with a PIE adapter, for a direct digital connection. WOW, It sounds GREAT!

Click on the "www" below to get to my web site and then click on the 2002 Mustang installation to see the pictures of my installation.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...