Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Upcoming Season

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kitchj

kitchj

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

I write this thing up each year for friends and family, and since I already had it, I figured I'd throw it out here. I know there are some great shows that I don't watch, but I figure I already watch a LOT of TV :P

----------

'Til Death (Fox) 9/19/07 - Without King of Queens, this is probably the best comedy of it's type right now

Kid Nation (CBS) *New 9/19/07 - Gonna have to check this one out. Kids thrown into a town without supervision to see if they can run it. May suck

Avatar (Nick) 9/21/07 - I think this is the only anime-ish show I've ever liked

Heros (NBC) 9/24/07 - Probably my favorite show right now

Journeyman (NBC) *New 9/24/07 - This one looked interesting, then I found out it starred the guy from Rome, and it clinched it.

Chuck (NBC) *New 9/24/07 - Some great marketing here.... I feel like I have to watch it to see what Chuck's secret is.

How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 9/24/07 - Another great comedy. Who knew Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie) was so funny?

The Unit (CBS) 9/25/07 - Black Ops always gets points.

Bionic Woman (NBC) *New 9/26/07 - Again, I think NBC has had some great marketing this year. It got 3 out of 4 new show watches from me.

My Name Is Earl (NBC) 9/27/07 - I have to watch to increase my karma.

The Office (NBC) 9/27/07 - This show gets more out loud laughs from me than any other.

Smallville (CW) 9/27/07 - It's losing it a little bit, but I just have to see what happens to good ole Clark.

Supernatural (CW) 10/4/07 - I'm not quite done watching season 2, but this show is sweet. A weekly thriller.

Friday Night Lights (NBC) 10/5/07 - Probably a guilty pleasure... maybe it makes me wish I was back in high school :P

BSG (Sci-Fi) *Last Season Oct'07 "MiniSeries" 11/24/07 "Premiere" Jan'08 Official Start - This is right there with Heroes. Not sure which is actually my fav.

24 (Fox) Jan'08 - This went way downhill, but with the producer admitting that there were serious holes in last season, maybe they can fix what they see... I'll give it another chance.

Can't find much on ABCs premiere schedule

Lost (ABC) - This is drawing thin for me as well, but I have to see what happens.

According To Jim (ABC) - I forgot about this show when I made the comment about 'Til Death. They are both great "family" comedies.

Jericho (CBS) - I didn't watch this show... was told it was great, but never watched it. Then I found out it survived a cancellation due to fan support, and it piqued my interest. I've only gotten through the first 4 episodes of the first season, but it seems pretty cool.

----------

What is everyone looking forward to most this season?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kitchj

kitchj

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:18 AM

Also, out of curiosity (and possibly ignorance :P), is this the only "TV Talk" type forum on here? I didn't notice another one, but this one almost sounds like it wouldn't fit for HD programming, etc.

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin Dupuy

Kevin Dupuy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:44 PM

Kid Nation is a joke. If people actually think that this is a good idea for a show, then CBS is even more doomed than I thought (crime dramas have had their time). In reality, if you throw a bunch of kids in a town unsupervised (which isn't true... what about the cameramen and the producers?), what do you get (besides Baton Rouge ;) )? A really bad TV show that extremeist groups that complain about everything will sue networks and such. Not to mention, kids nowadays=work? I don't think so.

You forgot 'Cavemen', the GEICO ad cavemen in a sitcom (next we'll have the hit show on the CW next year: I'm a Mac. I'm a PC.)

And the only show I'm really interested in this year: Aliens in America on The CW. Considering CW's lackluster schedule this year, I was surprised to see this show and think it might be able to succeed for a season (but not further: After all the exchange student has to go back eventually)
Follow me on Twitter, you little stalker :-)
www.CampaignForLiberty.com
www.YALiberty.com

#4 OFFLINE   kitchj

kitchj

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:30 AM

I completely agree that Kid Nation isn't a true "unsupervised" kind of thing. And I did make the comment that it very well may suck :P It intrigues me enough to check it out once or twice though.

Cavemen? I think I'll pass.

I haven't heard of Aliens in America. Premise?
.......\\|//
.......(o o) Jared was here
---oOOo-(_)-oOOo-----------

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

Lets not forget Weeds on showtime starts on 8-13 and thier new show Californication. Season 2 of Weeds was great hoping season 3 is as good. Haven't heard much on Californication but it is listed as a comidy so i will have to be sure to check it out.

#6 OFFLINE   Kevin Dupuy

Kevin Dupuy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:50 PM

I completely agree that Kid Nation isn't a true "unsupervised" kind of thing. And I did make the comment that it very well may suck :P It intrigues me enough to check it out once or twice though.

Cavemen? I think I'll pass.

I haven't heard of Aliens in America. Premise?

Basically, this family decides to take an exchange student in for a time. THey find out at the airport that the exchange student is from somewhere in the Middle East. It's supposed to make fun of our fear of middle-eastern people I guess (and it sounds good to me!)
Follow me on Twitter, you little stalker :-)
www.CampaignForLiberty.com
www.YALiberty.com

#7 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,099 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

I write this thing up each year for friends and family, and since I already had it, I figured I'd throw it out here. I know there are some great shows that I don't watch, but I figure I already watch a LOT of TV :P

----------

'Til Death (Fox) 9/19/07 - Without King of Queens, this is probably the best comedy of it's type right now

Kid Nation (CBS) *New 9/19/07 - Gonna have to check this one out. Kids thrown into a town without supervision to see if they can run it. May suck

Avatar (Nick) 9/21/07 - I think this is the only anime-ish show I've ever liked

Heros (NBC) 9/24/07 - Probably my favorite show right now

Journeyman (NBC) *New 9/24/07 - This one looked interesting, then I found out it starred the guy from Rome, and it clinched it.

Chuck (NBC) *New 9/24/07 - Some great marketing here.... I feel like I have to watch it to see what Chuck's secret is.

How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 9/24/07 - Another great comedy. Who knew Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie) was so funny?

The Unit (CBS) 9/25/07 - Black Ops always gets points.

Bionic Woman (NBC) *New 9/26/07 - Again, I think NBC has had some great marketing this year. It got 3 out of 4 new show watches from me.

My Name Is Earl (NBC) 9/27/07 - I have to watch to increase my karma.

The Office (NBC) 9/27/07 - This show gets more out loud laughs from me than any other.

Smallville (CW) 9/27/07 - It's losing it a little bit, but I just have to see what happens to good ole Clark.

Supernatural (CW) 10/4/07 - I'm not quite done watching season 2, but this show is sweet. A weekly thriller.

Friday Night Lights (NBC) 10/5/07 - Probably a guilty pleasure... maybe it makes me wish I was back in high school :P

BSG (Sci-Fi) *Last Season Oct'07 "MiniSeries" 11/24/07 "Premiere" Jan'08 Official Start - This is right there with Heroes. Not sure which is actually my fav.

24 (Fox) Jan'08 - This went way downhill, but with the producer admitting that there were serious holes in last season, maybe they can fix what they see... I'll give it another chance.

Can't find much on ABCs premiere schedule

Lost (ABC) - This is drawing thin for me as well, but I have to see what happens.

According To Jim (ABC) - I forgot about this show when I made the comment about 'Til Death. They are both great "family" comedies.

Jericho (CBS) - I didn't watch this show... was told it was great, but never watched it. Then I found out it survived a cancellation due to fan support, and it piqued my interest. I've only gotten through the first 4 episodes of the first season, but it seems pretty cool.

----------

What is everyone looking forward to most this season?

It's all garbage to me:mad:

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

spam firewall