Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Live Stats on MLB Games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nachosgrande

Nachosgrande

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have the MLB EI Package, and the colored activity buttons will allow you to view boxscores in real time. Hit the red button and a menu will pop up for boxscores, standings, stats, etc.

Blue button switches to Game Mix

This is great for those in fantasy leagues who want to see stats without having to go online.

I did notice that the functionality is not as robust for the HD games (only a few options available and no boxscores).

This is a great new interactive tool that has eased the transition from TiVO!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus

You make it, We break it

• Registered
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

Hi nachos, (always wanted to type that :) )

I don't have MLB, but have NFL and the same robustness is lacking in the HD versions of the games as it appears MLB has as well.

Either way, these packages aren't cheap, and I'm hoping they'll start to get a lot more robust in HD for the price being charged.
BIG BLUE FOR LIFE

#3 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:22 PM

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have the MLB EI Package, and the colored activity buttons will allow you to view boxscores in real time. Hit the red button and a menu will pop up for boxscores, standings, stats, etc.

Blue button switches to Game Mix

This is great for those in fantasy leagues who want to see stats without having to go online.

I did notice that the functionality is not as robust for the HD games (only a few options available and no boxscores).

This is a great new interactive tool that has eased the transition from TiVO!

Ditto, for paying more for Super fan, we should get all the stats on the HD games.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#4 OFFLINE   d max82

d max82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:15 AM

I agree that I really like the interactive features, but here are my gripes about them. (Note: Since I pay $40 for this feature, and I know its available, I'm going to use it, but D* has made it very hard for the customer).

1) Yellow button is supposed to bring up scores, but sometimes will change the
audio (audio1 to sap channel).

2) No way to access mini guide in extra innings. How about green button when nothing is on screen to clear? Or leave it the blue button like on all other channels and have the green take you back to the game mix when there is nothing to clear. I think this should work as I get the "invalid" beep if I press the green button with nothing to clear.

3) Piching stats are way too slow to be useful. So is at bat statistics. Often the stats are 1 to 2 batters behind the actually action.

4) It would be nice to be able to tune directly from the mix channel to games not
shown in mix (maybe by highlighting "box" of ticker scores?). In all reality I use the mix channel as my "guide" to whats currently onbecause of the inability to access the mini-guide. This problem is eliminated by ability to access miniguide (problem #2).

5) As mentioned before, lack of full stats on HD games.

6) Mix channel "Highlighted box" for current game goes away unexpectedly, leaving you having to switch off channel and back to change current game.

Theres a few other minor things, these are just a few a remember that stick out like a sore thumb.

spam firewall