Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Network problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   puffnstuff

puffnstuff

Icon

• Registered
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

OK I got a new 100 installed today . The problem is when I connected the network cable to it the screen turned green and it locked up . RBR and then nothing on my network would connect to anything . Restarted computer and had to completely reset router . But eventually everything was fine except for now my 700 won't network at all . What should I do .

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   LR308er

LR308er

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

Sounds like the new 100 sent some spikes across the LAN.
May have had some internal circuitry problems.
I'd ask D* to replace both boxes.
Favorite Quotes:
"Don't fry bacon naked" - Janet Campbell (circa 1995)
"My head do stink" - Tommy Early (2003)
"Ya'll ain't got no more money?!" - Exotic Dancer (2004)

#3 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

basic separate and nail down the trouble type isolation. Unplug everything and start from scratch.

#4 OFFLINE   puffnstuff

puffnstuff

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

OK I started from scratch everything else works again (PS3 even works with VIIV/Media Center and WMP now , didn't before) The 100 is fine and plays both WMP and VIIV/Media Center photos and music . But the 700 seems to need to be re-recognized( is that even a a real word I hope you know what I mean) . I only say this because when I did it before I just pluged it up and it set up the settings itself , sort of like the 100 did today but with out the shutdown . Also I have did reset evertyhing , rbr , and plug out with network cable in and out on each with nothing . How do I reset everything everthing (because I love CE's and need my 700 fix this week and I havn't missed one yet , 2 weekends ago was awesome since I was sure VOD was coming and I was in Cooperstown) I searched for reformat in HR@Q&A for 4 pages and gave up .

#5 OFFLINE   LR308er

LR308er

• Banned User
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:32 PM

Reformat by resetting from the menu.
Menu
Help & Settings
Setup
Reset
Reset Everything
-

This will delete all guide, scheduled recordings, user configurable settings, recorded programming, etc. and return the box to its original state.
Favorite Quotes:

#6 OFFLINE   puffnstuff

puffnstuff

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:04 PM

Reformat by resetting from the menu.
Menu
Help & Settings
Setup
Reset
Reset Everything
-

This will delete all guide, scheduled recordings, user configurable settings, recorded programming, etc. and return the box to its original state.

Did that but still no go with network cable in and out . But not to original state I still keep 0184 but everything else resets . I want to , I guess go back to orignal factory settings , then whatever software is in the stream , re-recognize 700 . hopefully works then CE Friday . After reading a little more . I think it has to do with the 700 not getting info from router ( regular ole linksys) because now that I notice during network set-up the settings are back to default .

#7 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,903 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

Did you rerun network setup?
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   puffnstuff

puffnstuff

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:51 AM

Did you rerun network setup?

Yes I have did it like ten times . It seems like it isn't recieving dhcp or whatever , because none of the values change like they did when I first hooked it up . Also when I plug in the network cable to the modem the cisco symbol turns white like when I add anything wireless .

#9 OFFLINE   LR308er

LR308er

• Banned User
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:03 AM

To get the last national release, you'll need to reset and enter 0 2 4 6 8.
Same procedure that used for the CE's when they're available.
Favorite Quotes:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...