Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need a little help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kellen34

kellen34

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

I'm most likely going to buy a SONY SXRD 60" projection on clearance today. Model number is KDS-R60XBR2. I have the HR20-700. How does the picture look using the HDMI connection from the receiver to the TV? Any issues? Anyone have any experiance or knowledge of this TV?

From all the research I've done, it seems like the best projection TV out on the market.

Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:20 AM

I'm most likely going to buy a SONY SXRD 60" projection on clearance today. Model number is KDS-R60XBR2. I have the HR20-700. How does the picture look using the HDMI connection from the receiver to the TV? Any issues? Anyone have any experiance or knowledge of this TV?

From all the research I've done, it seems like the best projection TV out on the market.

Thanks in advance.

I actually just got the same TV last Friday and HD locals great. SD looks very good. So far I am very happy with it.

#3 OFFLINE   kellen34

kellen34

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:51 AM

I actually just got the same TV last Friday and HD locals great. SD looks very good. So far I am very happy with it.

Thanks. What kind of stand did you get with it, the Sony stand, or something else? The stand I'm looking at is a sony, but I don't think it swivels, and in my room where this would go, it needs to be at a slight angle.

#4 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

Thanks. What kind of stand did you get with it, the Sony stand, or something else? The stand I'm looking at is a sony, but I don't think it swivels, and in my room where this would go, it needs to be at a slight angle.

It does not swivel but fits great on it and looks great on it. Also It has a lot of room for equipment. I have a HR20, H21, PS3, XBOX 360 + HD DVD Drive, DVD player, surround receiver, power center, and a very big center channel sitting on it with no problems. If you would like let me know and I will post a pic when I get home and take one of it.

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1165609791326

Also give the unit 2 or 3 days using it before you judge the SD channels. When I first turned it on I was not to happy with the SD but after using it a couple days they look very good now.

#5 OFFLINE   HD AV

HD AV

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

I, too, have the XBR2 60" and could not be more pleased. I have the HR20 and use the OTA for all my locals. The picture is supurb! I have not had any problems with the DVR regarding the hookup to the TV. As for picture quality check out the AVSForum, KDS R60-70XBR2 Owners Settings and Tweaks thread. This will give you very useful info on obtaining the best possible picture. I also have the Sony stand and it rests on "sliders" so, if you can easily grab a back corner of the stand and slide to the desired angle and/or back parallel with the wall.

PS I use the component out on one input on the TV for SD using custom setting to optimize the picture and an HDMI input for optimized HD settings and OTA. Yes, I do have to switch between inputs, but the resulting difference/improvement in SD picture quality is worth the effort.

#6 OFFLINE   kellen34

kellen34

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

So, HD AV, you have this TV stand?? Thanks for the great advice.

http://www.onecall.c...s.aspx?id=31664

Sorry, you might have to paste this link.

Also, BmoreRavens, if it's not to much trouble, a pic of your set up would be great. BTW, Go Ravens, I live out here in Oregeon and go to all the Oregon football games and it sounds like Demetrius Williams is playing pretty well for you guys at receiver.

Thanks to both of you. Would you say $3159 for the TV and stand is a good deal? 18 months no interest as well. Thought it was a steal personally.

One more question, how's the side viewing in your living rooms? It looked okay at the store.

#7 OFFLINE   HD AV

HD AV

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

So, HD AV, you have this TV stand?? Thanks for the great advice.

http://www.onecall.c...s.aspx?id=31664

Sorry, you might have to paste this link.

Also, BmoreRavens, if it's not to much trouble, a pic of your set up would be great. BTW, Go Ravens, I live out here in Oregeon and go to all the Oregon football games and it sounds like Demetrius Williams is playing pretty well for you guys at receiver.

Thanks to both of you. Would you say $3159 for the TV and stand is a good deal? 18 months no interest as well. Thought it was a steal personally.

One more question, how's the side viewing in your living rooms? It looked okay at the store.

Snatch it up for that price with the stand! The side angle viewing is excellent up to about 65 degrees off angle.

#8 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

Hopefully these help.

Attached Thumbnails

• KDSR60XBR2-2.jpg
  • KDSR60XBR2-1.jpg

spam firewall