Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Brutal Trickplay on RSN HD.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   calidelphia

calidelphia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

As far back as I can remember, every HD Angels game I've ever recorded on Ch 96 (FSN West), has had horrible trickplay. This is the only channel I have this issue with.

Trying to fast forward pauses on the existing frame, will sit there for approx. 2-3 seconds and then it's a crapshoot where you will end up in the recording or buffer. It's like playing a video game....

I remember having this issue with every channel on one national release a long long time ago. It's come to the point where I will record the SD feed for the game.

So I'm wondering does anybody else have this problem in their local market or better yet in the L.A. market. For what it's worth, I am on the current NR.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,621 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

MPEG4 HD trickplay on national releases is not very good. The lastest CE (test) showed much improved trickplay on MPEG4. That will probably be in the next national update.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#3 OFFLINE   calidelphia

calidelphia

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

The thing is I don't see this problem with any other Mpeg 4 feed. I've downloaded several CE's and what release I have doesn't seem to matter.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...