Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

the late start

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wjcarpenter

wjcarpenter

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

((HR20-100))

I see this all the time with recorded shows: When I select them from the list to play them, they start 20-30 seconds into the recording. I don't mean that they started recording late (though I get that irritating problem, too). I mean they start playing back 20-30 seconds into whatever they recorded. If I rewind, it goes back 20-30 seconds earlier than the starting point when I hit play.

It happens with most but not all shows. I haven't caught the pattern yet.

Anyone else see this? Pretty annoying.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,656 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

This is often an inconsistency between one of the networks' clocks and your HR20's. You might try noting what channels it happens on.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   wjcarpenter

wjcarpenter

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

This is often an inconsistency between one of the networks' clocks and your HR20's. You might try noting what channels it happens on.

I think you have misunderstood. I understand completely about not starting/ending recordings at expected times.

The problem I'm talking about is that the actual physical recording on disk starts at, say, 11:00:03. When I select it to play for the first time, it starts at position 11:00:27 or thereabouts. I can rewind all the way back to 11:00:03.

#4 OFFLINE   jgriffin7

jgriffin7

Native Texan

• DBSTalk Club
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

This is a well documented problem with the HR20 series. It's allegedly fixed in the latest HR20-700 CE, which I'm running. I've not seen it since downloading the CE, so perhaps it really is fixed.

#5 OFFLINE   wjcarpenter

wjcarpenter

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:50 PM

This is a well documented problem with the HR20 series. It's allegedly fixed in the latest HR20-700 CE, which I'm running. I've not seen it since downloading the CE, so perhaps it really is fixed.

That would be great. I'll keep an eye out for it next time there is a -100 CE. Thanks for the info.

#6 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,656 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:53 PM

I think you have misunderstood. I understand completely about not starting/ending recordings at expected times.

The problem I'm talking about is that the actual physical recording on disk starts at, say, 11:00:03. When I select it to play for the first time, it starts at position 11:00:27 or thereabouts. I can rewind all the way back to 11:00:03.

You're right, I misunderstood. I hope that this is fixed for you in the next release, as it is a known issue.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

spam firewall