Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Questions about HR20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:57 AM

Hi guys,

I'm tinkering around with a buddy's HR20 before my install next Monday and had a few questions..

1) If the Hr20 is off, will it turn itself back on to record a scheduled recording?

2) When you are recording something, and switch to another channel, is there a shortcut to just go back to the program recording, (like the down circle on TiVO)?

3) Is there a way to set up a series link without having to go in your saved program menu? What is the easiest way to set up a series link?

Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

1) If the Hr20 is off, will it turn itself back on to record a scheduled recording?

2) When you are recording something, and switch to another channel, is there a shortcut to just go back to the program recording, (like the down circle on TiVO)?

3) Is there a way to set up a series link without having to go in your saved program menu? What is the easiest way to set up a series link?

Thanks in advance.

1) Yes (won't actually turn "on" but it will record just fine.

2) "Prev" usually works or go to "List" screen and select the recording.

3) Press on "R" twice in the guide for the program. 1-press for single record, 2-press for series link.

#3 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

• Moderators
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

Hi guys,

I'm tinkering around with a buddy's HR20 before my install next Monday and had a few questions..

Thanks in advance.

1) The HR20 is never off unless you pull the power cord. You can put it into standby and it will record in standby. All that does is turn off the lights and the a/v outputs.

2) No the HR20 does not have dual live buffers. So you can not just flip between tuners like you did on the TiVo.

3) You can go into the guide find the series that you would like to recod and press the record button twice. The first time you press it you will get a R and it will record only that one episode. If you press it a 2nd time you will get a R)) and it will be set to record the series.

#4 OFFLINE   The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

What about if I'm watching a show and want to make it a series link?

Is there any hope that Dual Live Buffers will be added?

#5 OFFLINE   lucky13

lucky13

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationMaryland, DC suburbs

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

If you want to set up an SL for a show you're watching (but not currently recording), two presses of the R button (as described above) will do it.

#6 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

• Moderators
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

Just bring up the guide and hit the record button twice.

Maybe but DIRECTV has not said and they are not working on it right now at all.

spam firewall