Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

AV on\off punch through

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Registered
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

MY TV automatically turns itself off when it see no input. Hence, on my HR20-700, I'm trying to see if there is anyway I can have the ON and Off buttons on the remote control the AV and DirecTV receivers instead of the DTV amd TV.... Yeah, I know I can slide the switch to AV1 and press the PWR button, but I am lazy, and I am trying to make this as simple as possible for the family.... (Sony receiver, if it makes a differ)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

I think you're out of luck there, bikini lady.
DirecTV since 2001, NFLST, EI, and as of 2/8/07, new AU-9 with 2 HR20-700S (1 HDMI, 1 component/RCA), 6X8 multiswitch, and Samsung LNS3252D 32" LCD...eSata Seagate 750GB...12/30/07 new HR20-700S component connected to Phillips 42PFL5332D 42" LCD and HDMI to a little 20" Dynex LCD

#3 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

Aw crud. I'll pass your regards to my bikini lady, anyway :lol:

#4 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:29 PM

MY TV automatically turns itself off when it see no input. Hence, on my HR20-700, I'm trying to see if there is anyway I can have the ON and Off buttons on the remote control the AV and DirecTV receivers instead of the DTV amd TV.... Yeah, I know I can slide the switch to AV1 and press the PWR button, but I am lazy, and I am trying to make this as simple as possible for the family.... (Sony receiver, if it makes a differ)

It seems to me it can be done, I'm not sure I could tell you properly. You need to contact "Edmund" here on DBSTalk, the "Remote Authority"
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#5 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

You might get volume control of an AV receiver but not power.
You could run a separate video feed from the HR20 using the other choice (component/HDMI). Although your receiver would stay on.
Maybe you can judge how long before bed and use the sleep timer on the amp.

#6 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

My amp doesn't have a sleep timer, but I punched the volume through just fine. All I am left with is the power punch-through. I programmed my MX500 to serve instead of the DirecTV remote for now, good enough, with selective use of macros. I'll see if I can find this Edmund, thanks guys.

#7 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:44 PM

I'm here, but I'm here with bad news. :( Sorry but you can't prevent the DVR/ Tv ON & OFF keys from controlling your Directv receiver. And the those keys can't control AV receiver at all. :(
aka Tivoburkee

#8 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

Oh well. Thanks for your input, though.

#9 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:50 AM

Looks like it's time to look for a remote replacement. Wan't particularly in love with it anyway.
Who is this "Vod Kanockers" that you speak of?

#10 OFFLINE   code4code5

code4code5

Godfather

• Registered
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

What about using the AV receiver code to program the remote under TV mode? Use the AV1 mode to control the TV... could work, maybe.

#11 OFFLINE   Vcook

Vcook

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

I'm here, but I'm here with bad news. :( Sorry but you can't prevent the DVR/ Tv ON & OFF keys from controlling your Directv receiver. And the those keys can't control AV receiver at all. :(

bummer, so no chance of the on/off keys doing that function for the TV, reciever, and an AVR?

spam firewall