Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Are you seeing HDMI loss with L4.41. Post your experiences here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:25 PM

I have seen a few posts of people indicating they lost HDMI with L4.41. Please post your details here as to what is your TV make and model and if you are connected via a HDMI switch etc. Also do an HDMI test and post errors you see. Might want to also post a picture of your HDMI screen. Also provide details as to the exact behavior of your issues. More details the easier it is to track these type of issues.

Also.. Be sure to try Power cord reboot on both your TV and 622 to see if it brings it back to life.

TVs reported to be experiencing issues by member
------------------------------------------------------------------
Panasonic PT-AX100U
Samsung HLN567W
Samsung HL-R4266
Panasonic PTAE 900u projector.
ConnectGear HSP12 1-2 HDMI splitter
Sony XBR40
Samsung HLS6188W

<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   yardbird

yardbird

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:26 PM

There's also an HDMI reset in the menu screens

#3 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

Yes... you should also try that of course in fact that should be step one. Thanks yardbird, I forgot to mention it.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#4 OFFLINE   wje

wje

Godfather

• Registered
  • 424 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:57 PM

No, HDMI works fine. I use HDMI for both video and audio; 622->HDMI->Yamaha receiver->HDMI->Sony TV. Yamaha handles the 5.1 DD audio, forwards video to the TV.

My avatar says it all.

#5 OFFLINE   klaatu

klaatu

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

No problem with HDMI, though RED is now VERY RED, without blurrriness or color bleeding (that was happening before L4.xx)
Klaatu
|;-\>
2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 lefts do!

622 HDMI connected to a Panasonic PT-60LCX63 with L6.29 20100719
Attached to a 25" SONY XBR and who cares really

#6 OFFLINE   ksilfer

ksilfer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

L441 killed my HDMI connection, just like L409 did (came back when they reverted to L405).

HDMI test shows HDMI enabled on the Dish STB side = FALSE. I've tried a couple of hard reboots but it won't flip back to TRUE.

TV is an older Samsung TSN3084WHD (DVI input).

-- KEENE

#7 OFFLINE   nschleif

nschleif

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:49 PM

How exactly do I test if HDMI is working. Since my upgrade my picture is not as sharp and many channels look very red. Thanks

#8 OFFLINE   TheCaptain

TheCaptain

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

L441 killed my HDMI connection, just like L409 did (came back when they reverted to L405).

HDMI test shows HDMI enabled on the Dish STB side = FALSE. I've tried a couple of hard reboots but it won't flip back to TRUE.

TV is an older Samsung TSN3084WHD (DVI input).

-- KEENE

I am having the same issue connected to a Toshiba 50HDX82 through the DVI port. The HDMI data shows as all FF's and that the checksum is invalid. When I scroll through the different data options there is a brief message that flashes saying it can't read the EDID data. It just doesn't look like it can read the config data from the DVI port so it can send the correct signal.

I have tried calling tech support but there solution is to send someone out to fix the problem. Saying it can't be a software issue since I can still get a signal. They wouldn't even transfer me to level 2 tech support. That really showed me how much they want to get this problem resolved.

#9 OFFLINE   moooog

moooog

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

I was unable to find the HDMI reset in the 622 menus. I have two 622's, and they are both substituting purple/blue for black with my new Optoma HD80 projector over HDMI, producing an unwatchable picture. I do not know if this issue was preexisting, as I just purchased the HDMI projector. A 3 year old 941 Samsung DVD player and a new Toshiba HDAX2 HDDVD both send perfect images using the same cables, so I know that the 622's are the problem.

#10 OFFLINE   yardbird

yardbird

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:48 AM

I believe HDMI reset is in the HDTV setup screen. I'll go up and take a look in a little while if you don't find it. I have the 622 and it's definitely there. I still have teh 405 software though.... give me a few minutes...

ALSO... if possible.... see what you get when you connect using component rather than HDMI.

#11 OFFLINE   yardbird

yardbird

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:54 AM

I was wrong. It's not in the HDTV setup...

Menu, 6, 3, Analysis, HDMI Test

#12 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

The question should be split. Is anyone having problems with this software with HDMI to HDMI (other than on old TVs)? Is HDMI to DVI still working on any TV with this software?

#13 OFFLINE   moooog

moooog

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:46 AM

Thanks - I did find the diagnostic test yesterday, kind of buried. The reset didn't help the problem. I noticed at first the HDCP was set to off, now it's set to on. I notice the colorspace is set to RGB, but all the tabs are greyed out so you can't really change anything other than the reset. Is anyone else having problems identical to mine with the HDMI port (blacks being replaced by purple/blue)?

#14 OFFLINE   moooog

moooog

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:48 AM

ALSO... if possible.... see what you get when you connect using component rather than HDMI.

Picture over component is fine, I send component to my Denon 4308, and then HDMI to the Optoma HD80.

#15 OFFLINE   RLMesq

RLMesq

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

The question should be split. Is anyone having problems with this software with HDMI to HDMI (other than on old TVs)? Is HDMI to DVI still working on any TV with this software?

My Panasonic AV700U projector has always worked flawlessly with the 622 (HDMI input, not DVI). I'm using an el-cheapo 2x1 switch from Monoprice so I can also use the HDMI output from an Xbox 360 Elite.

#16 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

I have both HDMI-HDMI and HDIM-DVI using a adapter from monoprice. I can say in my case both are working. If i have time I will try and take pictures of my HDMI-DVI screen. MY HDMI to DVI is a Sony Grand Wega II. My HDMI to HDMI is a Sony 32 4x3 CRT. Mind shows no checksum errors.

Not sure where the Hex info comes from. Interesting that someone pointed out they are all FFs. Mine definitely are not al FFs.

#17 OFFLINE   lakebum431

lakebum431

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:50 PM

HDMI to DVI working great on my Hitachi and just tried HDMI to HDMI on my cheap Vizio and it is working great too.

#18 OFFLINE   moooog

moooog

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:55 PM

My HDMI to HDMI is working fine with my outdoor Sunbrite HDTV over a 50' Monoprice cable, I just guess the HDMI output on the 622 is incompatible with my new Optoma HD80 - so much for entering the HDMI age for me.:(

#19 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:01 PM

Hdmi to DVi working fine on my 2002 Toshiba.

Those having problems need to post some more details.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#20 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:37 PM

I agree tnsprin. MOre info the better. If you can provide details of your configuration and pictures of the HDMI screen I am sure they will be helpful to the E* engineering team.

spam firewall