Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Superfan/Supercast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   moonman

moonman

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

DirecTV's Press release.. http://phx.corporate...9775&highlight=

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,754 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

Yeah, this officially makes Super Fan worth the money. If anything, it's another set on which to watch a game.

I wish we could get the NFL network games too....I have to be gone for Thanksgiving and damned if I'm going to a 'comtastic' part of the country and won't be able to see the colts play (unless i stream the video from my home computer to my laptop).

Good work D*!!!

Slingbox....
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#23 OFFLINE   MikeR

MikeR

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

http://dtv.broadcast...e.jsp?id=171744

If the broadband offering proves successful, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league may consider intercepting the broadband product from DirecTV once the Sunday Ticket deal expires in 2010. "There is that potential," he said. "We're beginning to study those opportunities."

:mad:
HR20-100S 2 lines | Sharp Aquos LC-32DA5U HDMI | Onkyo TX-SR 604 (digital coax) | Polk Audio RC85i
HR20-700S 1 line | Sony KP-51WS510 HDMI-DVI | Panasonic SC-HT95 | Polk Audio RC85i | Networked
R15-500 connected to an old Sanyo (1 line)
Vista Home Premium | BUFFALO WLI-TX4-G54HP | Comcast 6Mbps/Motorola SB5100 modem

#24 OFFLINE   cforrest

cforrest

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 813 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

Great NFL will do what MLB has done. I am sure that is the way these models will go, since the Leagues see additional revenue from internet streams. Guess the NBA will do it as well, once the NBALP is up.

D* Setup:

Slimline (AU9-S) w/no multiswitch
(1) HR21-100 0x87F (7/8/08 Made in Mexico) via HDMI to Pioneer PDP-6020FD
(1) HR24-100 0x87F (11/9/10 Made in Thailand) via HDMI to Panasonic TC-P58S2

FIOS 150/150

Protected By... spam firewall...And...