Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Why are these NFL games on ch94 in SD?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   86n96

86n96

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

I think the "missing plays" also has to do with the fact that they have to shorten the games a bit to fit into the 3 hours they have allotted to each game.

i have no problem with that as long as they don't cut out series with the first-string lineup in...after last year, i'm pretty anxious to see if roethlisberger is back to his old self and whether or not our offensive line is willing to keep him on his feet (and concussion-free) this year. if you're going to cut a series, cut a 3rd string series.

[/rant]

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

No, the supposed HD broadcast on 94 also split the game. You got the home coverage first, then the away team's coverage.

If you watch the games in SD on 212 - the first half is home broadcaster and second half is visitor broadcaster (if both exist). However, in HD it appears you get just the one feed so far.

And after having read the other posts, I suspect the missing offensive series was a local broadcast problem. Anyone from Pittsburgh get the see the original broadcast?

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, Optical Audio to Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 3.41/.71 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#23 Guest_rcoleman111_*

Guest_rcoleman111_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

No, the supposed HD broadcast on 94 also split the game. You got the home coverage first, then the away team's coverage.

That was true for some of the games but not all. The Rams-Vikings had the Minnesota coverage for the entire game. It's probably based on whether the game is HD is both local markets.

#24 OFFLINE   Koz

Koz

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

They don't edit these games for time contraints other than deleting the halftime (referring to the replays not Live NFL Network games).

How do you know they don't edit games? Just curious.

#25 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

...after having read the other posts, I suspect the missing offensive series was a local broadcast problem. Anyone from Pittsburgh get the see the original broadcast?

Yea I saw it on the DIERCTV provided local HD feed (KDKA). No problem with the feed at all, and the picture was great. The defense swatting the ball out of Ben's hand causing the fumble did not look so great however (thus the short series).
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#26 OFFLINE   mnbulldog

mnbulldog

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:36 PM

How do you know they don't edit games? Just curious.

I can't find the article now but there was a press release from NFL Network regarding the 2007 pre-season and games being aired "in their entirety."

And I watched almost every game - except for the Pack/Pitt game and pretty darn sure there was no editing.

And I watched them last year.

And some went over 3 hours - so there is no time constraint.
HR20-100 (National Release) to Pansonic 20" LCD
via Slimline
HR10-250 (currently disconnected)

14 Year D* Customer
13 Year NFLST Subscriber - VIKINGS

spam firewall