Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PGA

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MikeR7

MikeR7

Icon

• Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:37 PM

God, the broadcast was marvelous!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

God, the broadcast was marvelous!

I have been watching it the last two hours and it has look very good. A few times it got a little blurry but that is about it.

#3 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:57 PM

Ever since I post I have had a lot of break ups. It is very sunny here and my signals are on 103 are in the mid 90's so it has to be something with DIRECTV or the feed coming from the tournament.

#4 OFFLINE   vollmey

vollmey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

Well being at the PGA yesterday and today, heat might have gotten to the equipment. The heat finally beat me down about 4:00, it was smoking hot!!
Dave

#5 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:27 AM

I never cared much for golf, watching it or playing it, but in HD it's awesome. This is the third sport HD has turned me on to. And really it's not as boring as I used to think it was.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#6 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:56 AM

I am currently out of town and had to watch the PGA in SD on cable instead of OTA or D* in HD! Really can't wait to get back home so I can see some HD again!
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#7 OFFLINE   braven

braven

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

I watched as much as I could on both TNT and CBS (all day Sunday). Both networks looked great. Too bad Woody Austin couldn't get it done.
HR34, HR24, (2) H21's
Whole Home DVR

@I_am_Braven

#8 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

The Masters is yearly the most beautiful broadcast I see

spam firewall