Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Centre Ice/HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RandybinSC

RandybinSC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

I know everyone is getting excited about the NFL starting but I have a question regarding the NHL season pass. I have been away from Directv for a few years and just came back. With all of the talk about HD, I was wondering how this would effect the Centre Ice package. When all of the regional stations offered are in HD, will games being shown on that channel also be available in HD to NHL CI customers?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   mnbulldog

mnbulldog

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

I haven't hear anything yet. D* web site still shows 06-07 information. So no help there. And NHL site just says some games in HD with Center Ice but nothing specific.
HR20-100 (National Release) to Pansonic 20" LCD
via Slimline
HR10-250 (currently disconnected)

14 Year D* Customer
13 Year NFLST Subscriber - VIKINGS

#3 OFFLINE   RandybinSC

RandybinSC

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:25 PM

thanks

#4 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,490 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:30 PM

I have the CI package and I know last year FSN Florida had quite a few Florida Panther games on channel 96 (MPG4). Actually every game they show as being in HD was on D*. I am hoping they will increase it even more this year. I can't speak for all markets but we had a good selection here in FL.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#5 OFFLINE   MikeR

MikeR

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

Similar to the Supercast...it will be on the web, haven't heard any HD plans yet.

http://www.cable360....news/24654.html

The ratings-challenged National Hockey League will expand its Center Ice live games package to the Web next season in an aggressive online push that potentially freezes out subscribers to its cable TV-based Center Ice package with In Demand. "We need to be nimble in this space," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman tells the Wall Street Journal. The online Center Ice package will retail for $15/game or $169/season to NHL.com and all 30 teams' websites, with no announced discount (or value add) for subscribers to cable's Center Ice. Hockey's Web subscription service will be delivered via IPTV start-up NeuLion, whose backers are Oyster Bay's two Charles (Dolan, who founded Cablevision; and Wang, who founded Computer Associates).

http://online.wsj.co...=googlenews_wsj

Edit: Looks like in Canada, Shaw/Star Choice will have 200 games in HD. Hopefully D* can get a similar deal.
http://money.cnn.com...ire/0287936.htm
HR20-100S 2 lines | Sharp Aquos LC-32DA5U HDMI | Onkyo TX-SR 604 (digital coax) | Polk Audio RC85i
HR20-700S 1 line | Sony KP-51WS510 HDMI-DVI | Panasonic SC-HT95 | Polk Audio RC85i | Networked
R15-500 connected to an old Sanyo (1 line)
Vista Home Premium | BUFFALO WLI-TX4-G54HP | Comcast 6Mbps/Motorola SB5100 modem

#6 OFFLINE   Koz

Koz

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:41 PM

Thanks for the good info, MikeR.

I think D* had a lot of HD hockey last year on the spot beams. For example, we had quite a bit of Ducks and Kings out here. The question is if they will make them available nationwide. They also have to compete for bandwidth with HD NBA games, and I'm guessing (sadly) that the NBA will win that battle. But once D11 goes up in January, I think they should have plenty of space for both NBA and NHL. So hopefully we'll get quite a bit.

#7 OFFLINE   EaglePC

EaglePC

Icon

• Registered
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:46 PM

SABRES will Return :)

#8 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:55 AM

But not in HD :( Really sucks that the Sabres MAY be in HD for the 2009-2010 season. I'm getting Center Ice this year solely for the HD games.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...