Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Getting Billed for SuperFan ??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cbearnm

cbearnm

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

I just checked my online statement and noticed that they slipped a $33 SuperFan payment in there. For the previous 4 statements, it was there as a zero dollar item, then pops in yesterday.

I called during the draft and was told it would be free. They told me to check my statement after May 9th, which I did and it said zero dollars.

I had to get transferred to another CSR, who seemed to know Sunday Ticket after the first one thought I just wanted to cancel it. She at least understood what I was asking and said that she couldn't change the charge, but would credit my account $99 to offset it. It took 10 minutes of her checking a couple of different things, but she did get it corrected.

Check your statements, folks.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:37 PM

I checked mine this AM and it was fine I have 1 more payment on the ST and it is done and SF better not show up.

#3 OFFLINE   cbearnm

cbearnm

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

I just noticed the thread in the General discussion area, seems like it is happening to a few of us 'lucky' guys.
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=94563
But will leave mine here, because it's more about programming. ;)

#4 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

I just noticed the thread in the General discussion area, seems like it is happening to a few of us 'lucky' guys.
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=94563
But will leave mine here, because it's more about programming. ;)

I just got my bill as well and shocked to see th 33$ charge, time to call the CSRs, damn I hate going through this drill

#5 OFFLINE   toph

toph

Math Wiz

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:35 PM

No bill here, but SF still doesn't show up on my account. I've called a half-dozen times since May 9 and keep getting told free SF will show up blah blah blah. It's a waste of everyone's time.
AT9 5LNB DISH
6x8 ZINWELL MULTI-SWITCH

#6 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

No bill here, but SF still doesn't show up on my account. I've called a half-dozen times since May 9 and keep getting told free SF will show up blah blah blah. It's a waste of everyone's time.

yup for a while it showed up as NFL ST HD and it was free now its 99$ for this valuable package

#7 OFFLINE   luckydob

luckydob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

I am being billed for it...and YES you need SF for ST HD...here is my online programming summary:
NFL SUNDAY TICKET $45.80 / Early Renewal in 5 Payments
NFL SUNDAY TICKET Superfan $33.00 / Early Renewal in 3 Payments
We appreciate your loyalty. $0.00 / Enjoy our special offer.
Sunday Ticket HD $0.00 / included with NFL SuperFan

#8 OFFLINE   sarfdawg

sarfdawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:39 AM

I just checked my online statement and noticed that they slipped a $33 SuperFan payment in there. For the previous 4 statements, it was there as a zero dollar item, then pops in yesterday.

I called during the draft and was told it would be free. They told me to check my statement after May 9th, which I did and it said zero dollars.

I had to get transferred to another CSR, who seemed to know Sunday Ticket after the first one thought I just wanted to cancel it. She at least understood what I was asking and said that she couldn't change the charge, but would credit my account $99 to offset it. It took 10 minutes of her checking a couple of different things, but she did get it corrected.

Check your statements, folks.

Same here...I got the $33 charge. I emailed them and called them, and they both said the same thing...that I ordered on MAY 30TH!!! I did the same deal you all did, in that I got the NFL Draft Weekend Special that you did which was at the end of April. I moaned and complained, and they gave it to me for free, but yes -- definitely check the bill.

#9 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

I keep checking every day. So far it hasn't appeared. But I'll keep an eye out.

#10 OFFLINE   sarfdawg

sarfdawg

Legend

• Registered
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:48 AM

"Thanks for writing us about the NFL SuperFan charge in your account. I see you've been with DIRECTV since 2000, and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continued loyalty. I'm sorry for the confusion this may have caused. I've carefully checked on our records and found that you activated the NFL Sunday Ticket on 04/27/017. As a reminder, a promotional e-mail was sent out to customers whose eligible to receive the NFL Draft Offer – Free SuperFan. This is a special promotion for a targeted customer group only. I'm regret to inform you that you're not eligible for the offer for you wasn't able to receive the promotional e-mail."

This was the reply I got when I asked over email about $33 charge I got on my last bill. I was never told originally that I need to receive the email, nor was there any mention of it last week when the rep told me he was going to have the charge removed. This may actually be the straw that breaks the camel's back on my subscribing to Sunday Ticket. $300 is a tad too much, in my opinion and in my budget.

On a side note, I'm a little surprised that the grammatical nightmare that is this email, particularly the last sentence. They are usually much better than this.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...