Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DBSTalk's First Look at the ViP722 DVR™

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   protoboard

protoboard

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:42 PM

With the 722, I would like to run both an HDTV and an SD TV.

The SD TV does not have RCA inputs, only a CAT/RF input. Will it be possible to use it in that way?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:19 PM

Yes... Infact that is how it normally is done.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#103 OFFLINE   tunafish

tunafish

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:08 AM

Are u saying the new 722 will record 2hd channels via sat tunners, I cant get off air where I am? Im also wondering if the new Directv reciever will do this also. thanks.

You can do this today with the exception of recording one OTA and watching another OTA at the same time. But you can for sure record two HD channels at the same time and if you have OTA connected you can record 3 HD channels at the same time. Tuners are not tied to HD/SD they do both. The limitation here is OTA but personally I prefer the ability to record three HD streams over having 2 OTA tuners. Yes it would be great to have 2 OTA and 2 Sat tuners, but for most of my needs this model works nicely. I am sure mileage will vary with each user.

#104 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:27 AM

722 is just like 622. It has 3 HD tuners, 2 sat 1 OTA, You can watch 2 prerecorded programs (one in HD via TV1, the other down rezed to SD on TV2) and record 3 other HD programs at the same time (provided you have OTA).
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#105 OFFLINE   Crunch

Crunch

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

Thanks. I was trying to record two OTA channels at the same time but it is nice to know I can record the other HD at the same time. And i did not know the tuners where dual SD/HD.

#106 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

Can anyone tell me for sure what's coming out of the TV2 Coax? (in Dual mode). I have a 20" 4:3 TV. On an HD show, "normal" is full screen but has sides cut-off, Letterbox shows the full image with bars top and bottom, both look correct (no skinny or fat people). I tried a 16:9 LCD (@TV2) one day and neither filled the screen properly, so I took it back. Does anyone have a 16:9 TV at TV2 location, who is happy with the image? Works fine in Single mode, plus you have many more zoom options, but in Dual you only have 2 options.

I know TV2 in dual mode with HD content, provides the ability to output a widescreen image and the ability to hit * on TV2 remote and zoom it.

Not sure about TV1 S-Video, good question, I will look into this for you and give an answer later tonight or in the morning.

#107 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,186 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

Today, 8/14, is the one-year anniversary of this VIP722 thread.

I've had my 722 for a couple of months now and have found it
to be an elegant machine that is inherently rock-solid stable.
When I move into my new house next month, I will have three.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

spam firewall