Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Station Logos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Registered
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:57 PM

This is a little off topic....But I am gettiing tired of the logos on the lower corner of the picture showing all the time while I watch a show. Discovery,s is real annoying because the globe spins all the time. Now FX needs to tell you what time a certain show is on.I wish the logos would just go away. Whoever invented this idea should be shot like a rabid animal!:soapbox:

HR20-100 s/w version 0x192
au9 dish NO multiswitch or diplexers.
Internet connection via WIFI.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:29 AM

Instead of going away, they're just getting worse. Eventually, the show will just be in a little box on the screen while the rest is filled up with advertising. Skip that, you evil DVR users!

#3 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:29 AM

Instead of going away, they're just getting worse. Eventually, the show will just be in a little box on the screen while the rest is filled up with advertising. Skip that, you evil DVR users!

I will. I won't record it at all lol

#4 OFFLINE   MLBurks

MLBurks

Icon

• Registered
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:26 AM

I must be in the minority. The station logos don't bother me in the least. I actually think that the one on Chiller is pretty cool (a ghostly skull that comes out of nowhere and then is replaced with "Chiller"). But what does bother me is when I am watching a show and a flashy banner comes up advertising what's coming up later. THAT I hate.

#5 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:29 AM

They don't really bother me too much right now, except for FX sometimes because they add those d#@n sound effects, and always manage to do it when somebody's talking.

#6 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

If we have to watch them then they should show them for a few seconds then disappear. TCM does it right.

#7 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

At least my hr20 fast fwds a LOT faster than my old r15 did:D

#8 OFFLINE   RedhookQC

RedhookQC

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:57 PM

Oh, it's even better when its one of those large, lingering ones that cover up subtitles.

Oh not to worry, I can understand French and Japanese just fine, I don't need to read it.

b4574rd05!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...