Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 RV compatable?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   techntrek

techntrek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:33 AM

2.5" drives (laptops) and 3.5" drives all have the same tolerance nowadays. Ten years ago I would have advised against it, but today I wouldn't worry about it.
How do I enable DLB for my life?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   DFDureiko

DFDureiko

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:56 PM

Just got off the phone with motosat, the new DirecTV HD 5sat dish will be out late 1st quarter of 2008, there WILL be an upgrade path for current MHDTV owners.

Also, the MD1000 was just released three weeks ago and gets all three of DISH's HD sats.
the guy at Motosat was kind enough to put me on an email list for future upgrades.

Dan

#23 OFFLINE   DFDureiko

DFDureiko

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

curious, is it still true you can't watch pre-recorded shows on the HR20 without a sat signal? I know I can on the HR10 in the RV. great for when you might need to park in the trees for a day or two. Question is, I wonder why they would have the software set up that way, and not like the TiVoHD.
Overall there are a heck of alot of RV's on the road yet the sat companys are VERY RV unfriendly.
Dan

#24 OFFLINE   philslc

philslc

Legend

• Registered
  • 164 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:11 PM

curious, is it still true you can't watch pre-recorded shows on the HR20 without a sat signal? I know I can on the HR10 in the RV. great for when you might need to park in the trees for a day or two. Question is, I wonder why they would have the software set up that way, and not like the TiVoHD.
Overall there are a heck of alot of RV's on the road yet the sat companys are VERY RV unfriendly.
Dan

My HR20-700 will boot without a sat signal and let me watch pre-recorded programs.
HR20-100

#25 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:59 PM

My HR20-700 will boot without a sat signal and let me watch pre-recorded programs.

That was just addressed in a recent CE IIRC....I dont recall if the national release has that option yet.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...