Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD Higher

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   EaglePC

EaglePC

Icon

• Registered
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

ok my sanyo tv is a 32" from walmart ,please don't laugh walmart is what i can afford. i had it over a year now with my hd. sd sucks really sucks maybe i am useing a hdmi cable thats why.
so the question is did the hd signal get better over the last 2 weeks,i did'nt do anything different. channels in the 70's and 90's look more better to me discovery hd wow!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,346 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

so the question is did the hd signal get better over the last 2 weeks,i did'nt do anything different. channels in the 70's and 90's look more better to me discovery hd wow!

D* improved a couple of channels in the last couple weeks. Discovery HD Theatre is one of them.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,452 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

Anyone who would laugh hasn't been shopping! I've bought lots of stuff at Wal-Mart. In fact, I've found lots of cool stuff there because of folks that think they are "too cool" to shop there, so I go there to look for stuff that might be hard to find in the bigger stores.

Truth to tell, lately I shop more at Target, but that has more to do with a Super Target being very near to my house... and the "Super" Wal-Mart is on the other side of town. I do go to Sam's Club though.

I am kind of surprised that SD doesn't look good to you on a 32" set. My bedroom TV is a 32" and I find SD looks great on it... but I'm using S-video to that TV as it is a 10+ year old Toshiba still running strong!

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#4 OFFLINE   EaglePC

EaglePC

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:03 PM

S-video might need to watch SD on a hd TV

thanks for everyone that answered.

btw walmart warranty on sanyo tv's 1 yr in store exchange and it is a great tv to payed 898.00 now its 648.00 its been a year though

http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=4529482

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:59 AM

I think it really depends on the SD channel. I do admit that the picture quality on certain ones, comedy central comes to mind, is subpar but I think that's probably how DIRECTV receives it.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   EaglePC

EaglePC

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

yes on a HD channel its a 600.00 TV ,its is very close to the 1200.00 HD TV's
I really think HD TV's really want the HD channels All the time

spam firewall