Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Remind" Feature Request

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   opelap

opelap

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

Really miss the "remind" feature of my old UTV. Yes we still like to watch some things live and used the "remind" feature often. It was great to watch something else until the unit popped up a message that the other show was about to start and would you like to change channels.

Then again I don't know why they didn't just model this unit on the UTV. It was perfect (except for no HD).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

AutoTune... is what it is referred to on the DirecTV non-dvr receiver.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

I would love to see auto tune added just like the H20/1 and SD receiver's have. When in the guide if you press select on a show you should be able to select auto tune or record. I would use this feature almost daily.

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:17 PM

Personally I don't think I'd have a use for this feature, but I have a close friend who went from an SD receiver straight to an HR20 and his wife misses this feature a lot.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   zinger1457

zinger1457

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

As a recent DISH convert the autotune feature is what I miss the most. This is probably the biggest disappointment I have with the HR20. Really surprised more folks aren't asking for it.

#6 OFFLINE   chris0

chris0

Godfather

• Registered
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:51 AM

I like it better without a reminder. That way, when I see the yellow light and think, "What the heck am I recording?" I can start watching it and fast forward through the commercials.

#7 OFFLINE   D*Noob

D*Noob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:49 AM

Coming from Comcast digital cable w/ dvr service, I too miss this feature a great deal. You never really think about it unless you've used it in the past.
My Home Theater:
Custom built HTPC running XBMC 11, fed by Vuze w/automatic RSS downloads
52" Samsung LCD 'LN52A750'
Onkyo A/V Receiver 'TX-SR705'
Monoprice 5X1 Enhanced HDMI Switch with built-in EQ '2777'
Microsoft 'Xbox 360'
Harmony 'One'

#8 OFFLINE   WolfpackSully

WolfpackSully

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:55 AM

I wanted the auto-tune yesterday. Watching TV knowing there is football game coming up at 8pm and a Yankee game at 7pm, but piddling around doing and watching other stuff in the meantime. I will often forget as time quickly passes by and miss the only meaningful part (1st two series) of the pre-season football, etc....

Sully
HR20 & H20
Sony KDS50A2000

#9 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,900 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:56 AM

As da Duke referred to it as "autotune", and as I have posted many times before, those of us who want to burn DVDs live need this feature desperately. Especially when the program we want to record comes on M-F at 2:00 a.m. locally. If I don't remember to set the HR20 on the right channel before going to bed (and make sure I don't have a competing program set to record that might cause the foreground tuner to change channels), I miss the recording.

My prior sat receivers had this feature and it was used 5 days a week, all year long. I miss it, and there is no substitute for it.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#10 OFFLINE   terrylmc

terrylmc

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:05 AM

This is a good request, I've brought it up before myself... Ah.. the old UTV days..

Anyway, its great for us with young kids to change the channel for them automatically..

#11 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

I just posted a poll about this. If you get a chance please vote.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=95103

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...