Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Clarity on Sunday Ticket and whats provided

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

Been a sub for ST for 16 years now, also an HD sub as well. I have tried to get a clear answer from DTV on whether or not ST includes HD games without SuperFan. I have no need for gamemix and other SF features, plus is I subscribe to HBO and have HD sub I get HBO in HD as well. So why not same for ST? Has anyone found a clear statement as to if you have ST and HD do ya get ST in HD or is SF required to see HD games.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ken984

Ken984

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

I wish I knew as well, I have seen it somewhere that only new subs to D* and ST get the HD games for free, but none of the other SF junk. I have also read some people say HD is included for all, but I highly doubt that as that is probably the main draw to sf for the majority of us.

Samsung 65-es6550-HR44-700-Denon AVR-2311CI, XBOX360, Win Media Center 7, Samsung BD-D6500

#3 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

Probably because they spent a few billion dollars on the exclusive deal...and most players make more in a game than most of us do in a year. I don't like it either.
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#4 OFFLINE   luckydob

luckydob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:05 PM

Per the online programming for my account:
NFL SUNDAY TICKET $45.80 / Early Renewal in 5 Payments
NFL SUNDAY TICKET Superfan $33.00 / Early Renewal in 3 Payments
We appreciate your loyalty. $0.00 / Enjoy our special offer.
Sunday Ticket HD $0.00 / included with NFL SuperFan

You need SF for ST HD games.

#5 OFFLINE   generalpatton78

generalpatton78

Godfather

• Registered
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

Per the online programming for my account:
NFL SUNDAY TICKET $45.80 / Early Renewal in 5 Payments
NFL SUNDAY TICKET Superfan $33.00 / Early Renewal in 3 Payments
We appreciate your loyalty. $0.00 / Enjoy our special offer.
Sunday Ticket HD $0.00 / included with NFL SuperFan

You need SF for ST HD games.

Hey get out of here with your logic and Jeff Gordon SUCKS!!:P

#6 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:15 PM

Yes to get the HD games you will need the Superfan and HD package

HD Package and Sunday Ticket= No HD Sunday Ticket Games
Sunday Ticket and Superfan w/o HD package = No HD Sunday Ticket Games
Sunday Ticket + Superfan + HD Package= Sunday Ticket Bliss :D
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#7 OFFLINE   mnbulldog

mnbulldog

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

Well Sunday Ticket has only existed since 1994 (http://en.wikipedia....L_Sunday_Ticket) so hard to have had it for 16 years. 13 years at most not including the 2007 season which hasn't played yet.

However, the website is quite clear about the fact that you need SF to get HD (http://www.directv.c...?assetId=900045).

Not sure why this would be hard to get a clear answer from a CSR since this is not something new for this season.

Hope the links help and sorry you are not getting a clear answer.
HR20-100 (National Release) to Pansonic 20" LCD
via Slimline
HR10-250 (currently disconnected)

14 Year D* Customer
13 Year NFLST Subscriber - VIKINGS

#8 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:22 AM

Well Sunday Ticket has only existed since 1994 (http://en.wikipedia....L_Sunday_Ticket) so hard to have had it for 16 years. 13 years at most not including the 2007 season which hasn't played yet.

However, the website is quite clear about the fact that you need SF to get HD (http://www.directv.c...?assetId=900045).

Not sure why this would be hard to get a clear answer from a CSR since this is not something new for this season.

Just another data point......

I am a new subscriber and spent nearly an hour on the phone with a CSR asking every question I could think of to make sure I had all my bases covered. The 2 big ones were phone line and ST in HD. I talked to the CSR and she verified that I do NOT need a phone line for anything other than PPV ordering via remote as the HR20 does everything via sat now. The ST in HD was the other big one. I asked about the SF and why would I pay another $100 for games that I already get and already pay for HD access. She said that I would get the HD games (NFLST HD) since I am a new subscriber but if I wanted the other "extras" like games mix, etc., then I would have to add the SF. It appears that the ST HD is something given to new subs signing up for the 2 year commitment with HD access. I made sure and get a manager on the line as well to verify both of my big questions. Hope that helps clarify a little more.

If you go back over the zillion threads and posts about this very topic you will see the trend that new subs with 2 yr commitment with HD are getting ST HD minus the SF extra features and CURRENT subs with a history of ST are mostly getting SF for free even if they have to ask for it.

#9 OFFLINE   Philby

Philby

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:44 AM

I'm also a new sub and have been told by 2 different CSRs (one when i signed up initially and 1 via email) that I will get HD ST with the current promo offer.

However i did get my first bill yesterday - and it doesn't have a line item regarding ST HD - so we'll see what happens...

#10 OFFLINE   msmith198025

msmith198025

Member of the Year

• Registered
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

Yes HD is offered with the basic ST plan in the new promotion. New customers only from what ive been told also. Everyone else i think has to have superfan and HD access. I THINK

#11 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:35 AM

Its been on D* for 13 years prior to D* getting it I believe it was available on C-Band thats where he's getting the 16 years I think.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

Protected By... spam firewall...And...