Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Why am I watching . . .

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

the Little League World Series (Go Lake Oswego!) in HD on ESPN and the teams with the 2 best records in MLB play each other IN SD?????? The Angels are playing the Red Sox in a Day/Night doubleheader and both games were SD!

Why oh why can't FSN get an HD truck to Boston for this series? Bostonians get it in HD! The Angels are in the 2nd largest market in the country and FSN continually runs commercials about FSN HD (there is one on right now) and to contact my provider. I know that the full time version will be here in a few weeks, but it wouldn't matter because FSN West has SD cameras there! I seriously don't understand.

Oh wait, now I do. Fox is showing a meaningless preseason game. I feel much better now, knowing that Jets and Vikings fans can watch players they don't know and won't see in the regular season play in stunning 720p High Definition.

The FCC made analog tuners illegal. How about making cameras with less than 1280x720 progressive recording resolution illegal as well?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,546 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

Game is on 94 in HD for those allowed to view NESN. You are probably blacked out.

The FOX NFL game has zero to do with FSN baseball in HD. Few RSNs do road games in HD this year. NESN and YES are known exceptions.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,868 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

The FCC made analog tuners illegal. How about making cameras with less than 1280x720 progressive recording resolution illegal as well?

I don't know that it's going to take administrative action to make that happen.. with the competition for your dollar more and more sports are going to HD anyway.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

I am very annoyed at the amount of big games that are not being shown in HD

I really, really hope the new sats allow DirecTV to show more HD games next year

#5 OFFLINE   mluntz

mluntz

Icon

• Registered
  • 641 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

"Direct TV, The Leader in HD Sports" We will soon see!
DirecTV Customer since 1995
Directv/ HD-DVR HR20-700
Directv/ HD-DVR HR24-500 (2)
H24-700
Slimline 5 Dish
Premiere package holder
NFL Sunday Ticket Subscriber

#6 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

I am very annoyed at the amount of big games that are not being shown in HD

I really, really hope the new sats allow DirecTV to show more HD games next year

Agreed to the first point (with apologies to fans of those teams, why Giants/Marlins yesterday afternoon, for example? There are pennant races going on!).

As to the second, I expect to see all available HD games next year, and will be very disappointed if that isn't the case.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#7 OFFLINE   tmwes

tmwes

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

Game is on 94 in HD for those allowed to view NESN. You are probably blacked out.

This isn't entirely true. I'm allowed to view NESN, I have HD, and watch all the Sox games on 623.

However, when they are on 94 or 95, I'm blacked out.

I get every Yankees and Mets game in HD; even though I am closer to Boston.

Thankfully, this will all end before the season is over...

#8 OFFLINE   wilmot3

wilmot3

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

last night there was suppose to be a Dallas game on 94....the only thing on the screen was a D* logo, no message at all, just a logo and music......any clue what that was all about?

#9 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

Agreed to the first point (with apologies to fans of those teams, why Giants/Marlins yesterday afternoon, for example? There are pennant races going on!).

As to the second, I expect to see all available HD games next year, and will be very disappointed if that isn't the case.

Thank You. Yanks/Tigers were on along with Angels/Red Sox...and we are getting White Sox/Mariners and Giants/Marlins? Why? :nono2:

#10 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,546 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

This isn't entirely true. I'm allowed to view NESN, I have HD, and watch all the Sox games on 623.

However, when they are on 94 or 95, I'm blacked out.

I get every Yankees and Mets game in HD; even though I am closer to Boston.

Thankfully, this will all end before the season is over...

Yes. I was referring to EI customers out of market. Wasn't specific enough.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...