Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Confused: FSSW/ RSn

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

If there is a game on fssw and it's being broadcast in HD which rsn channel do I need to add to my favorites?
Also going to the rsn page on d* website to see what I can get it says I get ch.645, but I get the call ext 721

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Koz

Koz

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

RSN HD games are currently on 94, 95, 96, or 98. This may change when the new HD channels are available in the next month or so.

Ch. 645 is FSN Rocky Mountain. 643 is FSN South West. If there was a game on FSN Rocky Mountain, it was probably blacked out for you since it would only be available to those within the FSN RM area. I don't think Oklahoma is part of that area. If you have the sports pack, you should be able to view everything but the major sports events.

#3 OFFLINE   mike_augie

mike_augie

You call I haul..

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

If there is a game on fssw and it's being broadcast in HD which rsn channel do I need to add to my favorites?
Also going to the rsn page on d* website to see what I can get it says I get ch.645, but I get the call ext 721

I am on Ei and if the game is being shown on HD channels ie 94/95 ....they are blacked out for you and until the new sat goes live and they add our fssw hd to our line up unless they play out of town (texas) you will not get them just have to watch in Sd for now sorry..... unless they are the game of the week on fox of something like that then you get them off of your local channles
(2) Hr 20-700
HR 20-100
Phillips tivo
D-11
AU-9.
SWM 8 channel

#4 OFFLINE   Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

Channel 643 is Fox Southwest. HD games are currently only available to viewers in the Dallas metro area, since they're on the Dallas spotbeam. After the new satellite goes live then the HD will be national and available to all Fox SW viewers. Be patient for about two weeks and everything will be great.
Sony 34" HD-CRT KD34XBR970 and Sceptre 40" LCD
Roku
R22 DVR / HR20-700 HD DVR
DirecTV since 1999
Waco/Temple/Bryan DMA

#5 OFFLINE   Smuuth

Smuuth

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:14 AM

RSN HD games are currently on 94, 95, 96, or 98. This may change when the new HD channels are available in the next month or so.

FSN Rocky Mountain HD is on channel 97 when HD broadcasts are available. It is MPEG4 and is only viewable on the H20, H21, or HR20.

For the OP, you should get FSN SW , not FSN RM.
Eschew Obfuscation!

Patriot Guard Riders

spam firewall