Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Disney HD... Exclusive to DirecTV.. ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

According to this article:
RapidTV News

DirecTV will be the exclusive carrier for the Disney Channel HD.

Disney says that its HD channel will feature original Disney movies, live action programming as well as animation in HD, and will be exclusive on DirecTV.

Has anyone seen this posted else where?
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:52 PM

High School Musical fans... BRING IT!!
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,409 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

This D* press release says only the first HD airing of "High School Musical 2" was exclusive to D*. Maybe something's changed since May, when it was released? /steve

"As it continues to beef up its HD channel lineup, DIRECTV has also become the platform of choice for the debut of exclusive HD programming. Disney Channel is providing DIRECTV the exclusive rights to broadcast the premiere HD version of High School Musical 2, the highly anticipated sequel to the global sensation for kids and families. DIRECTV will air the movie in HD a few days after its standard-definition premiere Friday, August 17 on Disney Channel."
/steve

#4 OFFLINE   VeniceDre

VeniceDre

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

I haven't heard this before, maybe they are confusing it with the "High School Musical 2" exclusive airing this weekend.

There is a rumor floating from a source indicating that there will be a couple of surprises once the new HD channels launch but that would be a pretty big exclusive next year.

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

I haven't heard this before, maybe they are confusing it with the "High School Musical 2" exclusive airing this weekend.

That is what I was thinking... hence why I am looking for some other confirmation of it.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   VeniceDre

VeniceDre

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

Also, if this was true, a few of the other news outlets would've picked this up...

This would be huge news if true.

#7 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:30 PM

If that story is true......Can't you hear the bitching now from the E* crowd.....:lol:
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#8 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,254 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:14 PM

If that story is true......Can't you hear the bitching now from the E* crowd.....:lol:

Nah, they'd say they didn't want it because it was too expensive.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#9 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:17 PM

Now Now... no hammering on the E* people...

(unless of course some one can find a confirming second, or some other type of definitive clarrification to the story)
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#10 OFFLINE   Marvin

Marvin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

I gotta say that while its a big deal in terms of the exclusivity with D* (if that part is true), it really isn't that big of a deal. I dont really think kids care much whether the shows they watch are in HD or not, just that they get to see them. It might suit the adults who have to watch the stuff with them..but odds are most kids probably watch Disney on their own tv in their room and that tv more than likely isn't HD anyway.

#11 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:01 PM

I gotta say that while its a big deal in terms of the exclusivity with D* (if that part is true), it really isn't that big of a deal. I dont really think kids care much whether the shows they watch are in HD or not, just that they get to see them. It might suit the adults who have to watch the stuff with them..but odds are most kids probably watch Disney on their own tv in their room and that tv more than likely isn't HD anyway.

Uh, you obviously donthave kids, or dont spend anytime with them. They might not care but if I have to watch Dora then I better be watching it in HD.

#12 OFFLINE   Marvin

Marvin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:03 PM

Uh, you obviously donthave kids, or dont spend anytime with them. They might not care but if I have to watch Dora then I better be watching it in HD.

Hence I said that "it might suit the adults who have to watch the stuff with them"..

and isn't Dora on Nickelodeon?

#13 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

Hate to break it, but no Disney Channel HD will not be exclusive to DirecTV. Time Warner reached an agreement with them in April to add the channel when it launches.

http://www.timewarne...1614538,00.html
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#14 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,254 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:19 PM

Now Now... no hammering on the E* people...

(unless of course some one can find a confirming second, or some other type of definitive clarrification to the story)

Sorry.

:engel08:
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#15 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

Sorry.

:engel08:

+1 :engel08: :D
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#16 OFFLINE   EaglePC

EaglePC

Icon

• Registered
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:49 PM

#17 OFFLINE   gully_foyle

gully_foyle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:05 AM

Hate to break it, but no Disney Channel HD will not be exclusive to DirecTV. Time Warner reached an agreement with them in April to add the channel when it launches.

However, Disney HD content will only be recordable on blu-ray recorders. ;)
DirecTV since 1994 // 2014Q2 Setup here

#18 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:43 AM

Why hate to brake it....

I was just looking for some sort of confirmation...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#19 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

Yea, it's not like it's bad news or anything if it's not exclusive.

Personally I wouldn't believe it would be exclusive, why would Disney do that? I could see it being exclusive to DirecTV at launch for say a month or something but not for long term.

#20 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

:confused:

Not sure why it really matters if other providers get it. Was your comment meant in jest?
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.

spam firewall