Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFL Sunday Ticket / SuperFan questions - latest deals?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,528 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:03 AM

i called to ask how come i was being charged the full 99 for superfan, the rep told me anyone who says they got a deal on it are lying unless they are a new subscriber . she said once you are on auto renewal a csr cant change pricing

She can't change it but she credits your account for SF

JACK,

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   RichWNJ

RichWNJ

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:18 AM

I got that deal a couple weeks ago also

#28 OFFLINE   wolfpacker

wolfpacker

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

What got me is that I only wanted to be credited for the SuperFan charge. The Rep calls and gives me everything for 189 which is $40 less than I was going to pay originally. Why do I have to cancel and go through the paces... It's a princapal thing for me. I'm not paying $10 a month for HD and then an additional $99 to get the same programing in HD. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.:confused:

#29 Guest_rcoleman111_*

Guest_rcoleman111_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:49 AM

What bothers me is that they don't just give everyone the same deal. They advertise that the auto-renewal gives us a "special low price", but we end up paying substantially more if we have to pay for the SuperFan. And it also doesn't make sense that some people with auto-renewal are having the SF charge added while others continue to get if free. Anyway, I'm going to call in and see if I can get them to give me a credit. A CSR definitely told me back in April that I would be getting SF free. Maybe it's like last year, when I got charged the $99 and it was credited back on the next bill.

#30 OFFLINE   dkgoalie

dkgoalie

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:08 AM

What bothers me is that they don't just give everyone the same deal. They advertise that the auto-renewal gives us a "special low price", but we end up paying substantially more if we have to pay for the SuperFan. And it also doesn't make sense that some people with auto-renewal are having the SF charge added while others continue to get if free. Anyway, I'm going to call in and see if I can get them to give me a credit. A CSR definitely told me back in April that I would be getting SF free. Maybe it's like last year, when I got charged the $99 and it was credited back on the next bill.

I just called and waited 15 minutes on hold before finally got a CSR. I explained that I understood that there were deals being offered at $189 for ST/SF. She did some digging and could not give me that price.

However, she said I could have it for $269, then apply a $20.00 per month credit for 4 months. If my math is correct, I got it for a total $189 including SF.

It would have been nice if they offered it to me, but it didn't hurt to ask for sure.

- dk
_

An educated idiot is still an idiot...

#31 OFFLINE   jhollan2

jhollan2

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

I called after being billed for superfan. It had been promised to me free back in may. I got a very nice CSR who reversed the charges and hooked me up with a second HR20-700 for free.

I've been a customer since 99 and have had sunday ticket since 2000. I had opted to pay for the whole thing upfront back in may. I dont know if that changes everything because it technically wasnt an auto renewal
2 R22s, 2 HR23-700s, and 1 H21. Presently in an abusive relationship with whole home viewing.

#32 OFFLINE   chopperjc

chopperjc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

I finally broke down after seeing 189 when I am paying 350? I calledb first csr supervisor said she would give me 10 bucks a month for a year, I took it then was kind of insulted as I looked at the board again why was I special? 9 years premier ect ect. called back made my case told her I had no intention of canceling but thought it was unfair, She gave me the 189 and left the 10 buck credit for a year on my account. :) I am obviously satisfied. Thanks to the board. Without the knowledge gained here my net worth would be much less.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

#33 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:07 AM

I finally broke down after seeing 189 when I am paying 350? I calledb first csr supervisor said she would give me 10 bucks a month for a year, I took it then was kind of insulted as I looked at the board again why was I special? 9 years premier ect ect. called back made my case told her I had no intention of canceling but thought it was unfair, She gave me the 189 and left the 10 buck credit for a year on my account. :) I am obviously satisfied. Thanks to the board. Without the knowledge gained here my net worth would be much less.

While I fully understand why some could be "mad" that some are getting deals and others are not but to keep calling back and bitchin about discounts and pulling the "I have been with D* for x number of years" card is nothing but arrogant entitlement.

Sure, you got a deal today, but what's going to happen next year? And the year after? And the year after that? etc.

Not really singling you out as the only person but rather just highlighting the disturbing trend I have seen reading thread after thread about long time subs that feel they deserve a better deal than somebody that has been with D* less time and call to complain (or complain profusely here on DBS).

2 things:

1. If there wasn't offers and deals for new subs, then you wouldn't have a growing number of subs to D* that YOU as a senior sub need to increase the bottom line of D* to enable them to keep pushing to bring better programming/HD/services/etc.

2. Don't you think that for every person they have to just go ahead and give a discount to to shut them up that they have to keep from giving a discount to another sub that might be just as "deserving"? Not sure how D* handles it but this is the very thing I had to do back in my college days bartending. If I gave you a stiffer drink b/c you were one of my best customers then I had to short pour somebody else to even everything out.

PERSONALLY, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT (1) EVERYBODY GETS THE SAME DEAL REGARDLESS OF SENIORITY WITHIN THE COMPANY AND THEN HAVE GRADUATED DISCOUNTS BASED ON NUMBERS OF YEARS CONSECUTIVE SUBSCRIBING TO A SERVICE; and (2)HAVE FREAKIN CONSISTENCY ACROSS THE BOARD! I HAVE A FEELING THAT IS AT THE HEART OF THE VERY PROBLEM RIGHT NOW.

#34 OFFLINE   chopperjc

chopperjc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:58 AM

While I fully understand why some could be "mad" that some are getting deals and others are not but to keep calling back and bitchin about discounts and pulling the "I have been with D* for x number of years" card is nothing but arrogant entitlement.

Sure, you got a deal today, but what's going to happen next year? And the year after? And the year after that? etc.

Not really singling you out as the only person but rather just highlighting the disturbing trend I have seen reading thread after thread about long time subs that feel they deserve a better deal than somebody that has been with D* less time and call to complain (or complain profusely here on DBS).

2 things:

1. If there wasn't offers and deals for new subs, then you wouldn't have a growing number of subs to D* that YOU as a senior sub need to increase the bottom line of D* to enable them to keep pushing to bring better programming/HD/services/etc.

2. Don't you think that for every person they have to just go ahead and give a discount to to shut them up that they have to keep from giving a discount to another sub that might be just as "deserving"? Not sure how D* handles it but this is the very thing I had to do back in my college days bartending. If I gave you a stiffer drink b/c you were one of my best customers then I had to short pour somebody else to even everything out.

PERSONALLY, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT (1) EVERYBODY GETS THE SAME DEAL REGARDLESS OF SENIORITY WITHIN THE COMPANY AND THEN HAVE GRADUATED DISCOUNTS BASED ON NUMBERS OF YEARS CONSECUTIVE SUBSCRIBING TO A SERVICE; and (2)HAVE FREAKIN CONSISTENCY ACROSS THE BOARD! I HAVE A FEELING THAT IS AT THE HEART OF THE VERY PROBLEM RIGHT NOW.

All wonderful points. I agree consistency would be better in the end. As you could tell from my post I truely do not like calling for "entitlement". For the record I have never had a discount with Sunday Ticket. The problem is not with the subscribers.
The new customer deal I could have lived with and gone ahead and paid. When people are calling to cancel and the get a deal on the backend from D* from telemarketers the company has opened themselves up for this.

Question: Should I sit back and say well it does not matter that people who cancel end up getting a 160 buck break?

How does it make you feel?

I personally felt somewhat betrayed. D* has obviously fixed that. I do not mind at all paying for service because it has value to me. I do not feel like my loyality goes to paying extra for something somebody else can get for a 46% discount. Even Circuit city will give you a refund if your product you bought gets discounted in 30-days.

I opened up my conversation with the supervisor with " I am in NO WAY going to leave D* or Sunday Ticket & Superfan because I love the service". That is how I sleep at night. I confirmed my loyality and asked for a fair resolution.

No I do not feel like you were picking on me at all. I believe in your points. The customer service should have specific guidlines almost like Vegas. Bet this much see this show.

Have a great day.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

#35 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:09 AM

All wonderful points. I agree consistency would be better in the end. As you could tell from my post I truely do not like calling for "entitlement". For the record I have never had a discount with Sunday Ticket. The problem is not with the subscribers.
The new customer deal I could have lived with and gone ahead and paid. When people are calling to cancel and the get a deal on the backend from D* from telemarketers the company has opened themselves up for this.

Question: Should I sit back and say well it does not matter that people who cancel end up getting a 160 buck break?

How does it make you feel?

I personally felt somewhat betrayed. D* has obviously fixed that. I do not mind at all paying for service because it has value to me. I do not feel like my loyality goes to paying extra for something somebody else can get for a 46% discount. Even Circuit city will give you a refund if your product you bought gets discounted in 30-days.

I opened up my conversation with the supervisor with " I am in NO WAY going to leave D* or Sunday Ticket & Superfan because I love the service". That is how I sleep at night. I confirmed my loyality and asked for a fair resolution.

No I do not feel like you were picking on me at all. I believe in your points. The customer service should have specific guidlines almost like Vegas. Bet this much see this show.

Have a great day.

Glad that you were able to wade through my rhetoric and understand that I was not singling you out. I was a little worried b/c some people around here get so damn excited and have thin skin that fail to actually see the point being made then start a pissin match of berating argumentation.

Anyway, wrt what you did and the approach you took. You did it properly if you want to call for the discount. Not threaten, not berate, not get angry, not demand, etc.. Rather state you case "I have been a loyal subscriber for x consecutive years" followed with "what do you feel would be fair considering all the discounts and inconsistency that has been reported?"

I think you handled it properly.

Bottom line. D* has caused this problem of people calling and using ANY MEANS necessary until they get what they want, even calling repeatedly until they get the "right" CSR.

DIRECTV...IF YOU ARE READING THIS........GET SOME SORT OF CONSISTENCY SO THESE TACTICS CAN BE AVOIDED AND THE CSR's CAN ACTUALLY DO THEIR JOB OF MISINFORMATION TO CALLERS NEEDING HELP :lol:

#36 OFFLINE   chopperjc

chopperjc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:24 AM

The CSR also stated she was aware of what the telemarketers were offering.

Why get mad? I live in Florida I am leaving "for the weekend" today. I am playing golf 3 times and watching and betting football all weekend. (for entertainment only of course:D ) Hard to not enjoy life. Why be mad???:lol:
Benjamin Franklin

#37 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:26 AM

Hard not to enjoy life, right? Have a great time on the links!

#38 OFFLINE   FlyBono24

FlyBono24

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

So I called today to cancel my SuperFan package and receive the credit for the 2 payments I had already made for this season (one in July, one in August, for early renewal)....
Lucky me, I waited about 20 minutes and got some dumbass who barely spoke English, and didn't know if football season had even started yet.

Her: "Mr. Ryan (Ryan is my FIRST name, dumbass!) if the season has already started you cannot receive a credit"

Me: "Umm... football season doesn't start until September."

Her: "Mr. Ryan I can see you made a payment in January, you cannot receive a credit on this, I am sorry"

Me: "That was LAST SEASON." :rolleyes:

Her: "Okay Mr. Ryan please hold and let me ask my supervisor..."

God these people are morons...

#39 OFFLINE   Skooz

Skooz

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

So I called today to cancel my SuperFan package and receive the credit for the 2 payments I had already made for this season (one in July, one in August, for early renewal)....
Lucky me, I waited about 20 minutes and got some dumbass who barely spoke English, and didn't know if football season had even started yet.

Her: "Mr. Ryan (Ryan is my FIRST name, dumbass!) if the season has already started you cannot receive a credit"

Me: "Umm... football season doesn't start until September."

Her: "Mr. Ryan I can see you made a payment in January, you cannot receive a credit on this, I am sorry"

Me: "That was LAST SEASON." :rolleyes:

Her: "Okay Mr. Ryan please hold and let me ask my supervisor..."

God these people are morons...

:lol: :lol:

You spun the wheel and got the booby prize.

#40 OFFLINE   brihall

brihall

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

I just checked my bill online and it looks like this:

DIRECTV DVR Service..... $5.99
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS...... $51.99
HD Access.....................$9.99
NFL SUNDAY TICKET.... - $45.80
NFL SUNDAY TICKET Superfan - $33.00
Primary Leased Receiver - ($4.99)
Primary Leased Receiver -. $4.99

Total bill this month: $146.77

I think I'll call and cancel my Sunday Ticket (Chiefs are going to be horrible this year anyway, why pay good money to watch that train wreck?)

Then, I'll sit by the phone and wait for them to call with a better offer.

Be careful. Doesn't always work. I called and cancelled ST and SF about 3 weeks ago for reasons others have mentioned (don't feel $99 is fair for SF when I'm only interested in HD and none of the other features). Nobody called me to offer anything. Not that I'm looking for it, just saying they don't call everyone.

For those that got the phone call with the $189 deal how long after you cancelled did D* call?

#41 OFFLINE   EaglePC

EaglePC

Icon

• Registered
  • 745 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

HD Delay for 1st weeks games

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=96457

#42 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:10 PM

If you're talking about NFL HD games, those are not involved with the new stuff going up on D10. They are broadcast in the existing MPEG2 format/channels and will be available the first week of the season.

#43 OFFLINE   db1113

db1113

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:20 AM

thats not all you've gotten...
and a free HR20 last year!!!!!!
whats the trick
what package have you been subscribing to?

actually I paid half price(150.00) for my HR20.

#44 OFFLINE   FlyBono24

FlyBono24

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:54 AM

They never air the Raider games in HD anyways... that's why I cancelled it. Waste of money.

#45 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:59 AM

Bono....I feel for ya! If anything, they should be paying YOU to watch some of those games :)

#46 Guest_rcoleman111_*

Guest_rcoleman111_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:57 AM

They never air the Raider games in HD anyways... that's why I cancelled it. Waste of money.

I watched the Rams-Raiders game last December and it was in HD. With CBS increasing its HD coverage this year, the majority of Raiders games should be in HD. If you look at the schedule, you'll see that the first two Raiders games this season (Detroit and @Denver) are already scheduled to be in HD.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...