Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv & USSB Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 10:18 PM

When Directv Had 2 Services Like USSB Did a Subcriber have to pay 2 bills one from Dtv & One From USSB ????
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   platinum

platinum

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 10:20 PM

yes, i paid seperate bills
D* Since 95

#3 OFFLINE   apc1

apc1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 09:32 PM

Me too. They billed seperately. Though I think I remember both bills coming in the same envelope? I could be wrong.
Why do we press harder on the remote when we know the batteries are dead?

#4 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,027 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 04 January 2003 - 09:39 PM

Originally posted by apc1
Me too. They billed seperately. Though I think I remember both bills coming in the same envelope? I could be wrong.

I got two seperate bills in two seperate envelopes.

#5 Guest_lba02_*

Guest_lba02_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2003 - 03:21 PM

There were to separate company that offered program for the then called DSS (Digital Satellite System) system. I think the two companies partnered to develop the system. DirecTV transmitted and sold all the standard cable channels (except for MTV, Nickelodeon, VH!, All News Channel, Comedy Central and Lifetime, USSB had those) and Pay Per View and USSB transmitted and sold the premium move channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Move Channel and Flix). The companies also had their own transmitting facility. The companies billed separately in separate envelopes. DirecTV eventually bought USSB and USSB then merged with DirecTV. The DSS system was re-branded to just DirecTV and DirecTV then transmitted and sold all available programming.

#6 OFFLINE   Wolfmanjohn

Wolfmanjohn

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 05:40 PM

We signed on in November 1996, and I recall the billing coming in one envelope on the same sheet. I also recall being told at the time of activation that we had to have both services and that the DirecTV CSR would take care of USSB activation for us; no need to make a separate call. How convenient!
"You gonna love it to death, baby!"

#7 Guest_lba02_*

Guest_lba02_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2003 - 06:39 PM

I bought one of the DSS Systems they year they first came out (Sept. 94 or 95, was on a waiting list for one) We had to call USSB separately and subscribe with them. From what I recall, if you did not want the premium movie channels then you did not have to subscribe to USSB. I still have some of my old USSB bills and the envelops they came in. At the time my DirecTV bill was sent to Los Angeles, CA and my USSB bill was sent to San Antonio, TX. None of my USSB bills were included with my DirecTV bill. They may have changed the way you sign up by 96 to make it easier for the customer.

#8 OFFLINE   timf

timf

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 08:23 PM

I first subscribed to DIRECTV and USSB in 1997, and from then until the two companies merged, the two bills always came in separate envelopes and phone calls to two different numbers were required for the two services.

#9 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 10:28 PM

The Phone # to USSB was 1800-204-ussb

Dont ask me How I Remember that but i do :P
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05