Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

any chance of a superstation package on directv??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   churdie

churdie

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

with all the new additions any chance of a superstation finally coming to directv?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

SuperStaion WGN is already on DirecTV...

Are you meaning in HD, or another Superstation
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

Superstation TBS is also available.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

Whatever will give us new episodes of Smallville in HD would be nice.
Who is this "Vod Kanockers" that you speak of?

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

Whatever will give us new episodes of Smallville in HD would be nice.

Superstations don't carry the CW content.

In primetime, the CW/WGN content differes from the SuperStation WGN.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

That would need to be an HD version of The CW. Is there some superstation version of this, or are most of you E* converts? To the best of my knowledge, its just a poorly run local that hasnt gotten their s*** together yet, I too would love an HD version of the CW so I could watch the newest season of Smallville in HD.

#7 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

Superstations don't carry the CW content.

In primetime, the CW/WGN content differes from the SuperStation WGN.

AH!
Well I'd still like Smallville in HD.:P

D, please hurry up and add the CW in Phoenix OR make the SWM available so that I can add OTA to my HR20's

#8 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

AH!
Well I'd still like Smallville in HD.:P

D, please hurry up and add the CW in Phoenix OR make the SWM available so that I can add OTA to my HR20's

Huh? I have an HR20 and it works great with a small OTA antenna and I get allof the tampa locals in HD through my HR20

#9 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

KTLA-DT would be an excellent choice for a national CW feed, if they were interested. They have been doing HD longer than anyone else in the LA area... and they do the national feed of the Rose Parade every year (in HD!)
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#10 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:32 PM

KTLA-DT would be an excellent choice for a national CW feed, if they were interested. They have been doing HD longer than anyone else in the LA area... and they do the national feed of the Rose Parade every year (in HD!)

Plus they do HD well. As i recall from when i lived in LA they had a really good picture.

#11 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,468 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

I really miss KTLA and WSBK, from the old C-Band days. It would be nice to see them on D*.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#12 OFFLINE   vollmey

vollmey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

+1 on KTLA here.
Dave

#13 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:52 PM

Huh? I have an HR20 and it works great with a small OTA antenna and I get allof the tampa locals in HD through my HR20

It's not an issue with the antenna working well with the HR20 - it works fine. The issue is that I have only four cable runs to the family room where I have two HR20's. (Silly me, I should have realized I would need 5 runs :P)

I debated over and over how to best hook this up and decided to go with all four being sat since the CW (in HD) would be the only casualty. My only other choice was two sat runs to one box, one sat run to the other, and OTA split to both. Especially with the 50 SL issue I didn't want to limit myself to only one sat feed on one of the HR20's. Working out what machine gets what SL is going to be fun enough as it is.

Now you might look at my sig and say wait, you still have the HR10 and can use that for OTA. Yes, I could but the problem there is that this receiver is now in a room with only one cable. If I used that for OTA then I not only have just one tuner but only local channels too. Plus I don't have an HD TV in that room yet (but I'm actively looking to rectify that)

So in order to get Smallville in HD I need D to pick up the CW in HD here in phoenix or I need a SWM so that I can use fewer wires to the two HR20's in the family room.

#14 OFFLINE   Koz

Koz

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

Have you tried a small, set-top antenna? I think that's what GlennDio was talking about.

#15 OFFLINE   Philby

Philby

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:07 AM

I have a small "bunny ears" antenna plugged directly into my HR20 - and it works great for all local channels (CW included) most of the time - i'm about 15 miles away from the towers where most of my local's DTV signals originate.

My installer told me that in a neighboring town, that's about 10 miles closer to the towers - all you need for OTA is the little antenna that comes with the HR20-100 for the remote's RF mode.

#16 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:32 PM

Ia ssume that you mean WSBK etc---the superstations named in SHVERA and not the other stations that use the term like TBS and WGN (which actually was named in the legislation).

I have not seen anything to indicate that DTV has changed its mind on superstation carriage.

BTW those superstations DO carry the CW.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#17 OFFLINE   N5XZS

N5XZS

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

Would love to see KWGN from Denver, CO just mainly for their local news since we are right next door TV market here in Albuquerque!:)

Same goes for WWOR, WPIX, WSBK and KTLA, I wish they would add KICU out of San Jose, CA, KRON SF,CA, KCAL LA, CA and KTVK out of Phoenix, AZ.:gott:

Now back to TV Dxing.......:D

8-31-07
"73's N5XZS"
From Timothy C. Johnson
Live Long and Prosper....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...