Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problem on 2 HD Channels

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Registered
  • 690 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

On channels 75 TNT & 79 HDNET there is a vertical white line on the right side of the picture. It's like one or two rows of pixels are white. Any ideas??

HR20-100 s/w version 0x087f
au9 dish NO multiswitch or diplexers.
Internet connection via WIFI.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   EaglePC

EaglePC

Icon

• Registered
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

On channels 75 TNT & 79 HDNET there is a vertical white line on the right side of the picture. It's like one or two rows of pixels are white. Any ideas??

Vizio 42" VU42L LCD 1080P tv
I have the 32" fine TV
wierd i lost those channels for about half this morning so who knows.
maybe it'll clear up
i think something is happening in a HD launch soon

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

This is something that's put in in the process of encoding. There's nothing you can do except maybe adjust the centering or image size of your TV if you're able to do that.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   B Newt

B Newt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 690 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

This is something that's put in in the process of encoding. There's nothing you can do except maybe adjust the centering or image size of your TV if you're able to do that.

Thanks for the info. I will check and see if I have the option to center the picture.

HR20-100 s/w version 0x087f
au9 dish NO multiswitch or diplexers.
Internet connection via WIFI.

#5 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,649 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

Your TV must be set for zero overscan. My Panasonic 50" Plasma shows the same white line if set for 100% image size. Fortunately I can also set it for 97% (3% overscan) so the line is not visible.

It's not just these channels by the way. I also see the same "problem" on some network broadcasts (e.g. NBC, CBS), even when using over-the-air HDTV reception. So it's not a DirecTV problem, but actually present in the source broadcast.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

Protected By... spam firewall...And...