Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Set-Up for VOD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   georgewells

georgewells

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHayden,Idaho

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

What do I have to do to get VOD when it comes on my HR20. I read adout getting the HR on the Net Etc. How do I do all this. I guess I need step by step instructions.Need instructions here or via my E-Mail.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   davidord

davidord

Godfather

• Registered
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:11 PM

What do I have to do to get VOD when it comes on my HR20. I read adout getting the HR on the Net Etc. How do I do all this. I guess I need step by step instructions.Need instructions here or via my E-Mail.

Do you have a router installed already?

If so, are you able to run a network cable from the router to the HR20?

#3 OFFLINE   Allstop

Allstop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

If you have hi speed internet and a router all you need to do is plug your HR20 into it. Then do the network setup on your HR20 and your done.

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

It could be as easy as:

Run a network line from your HR20 to your router.
Go to Menu>Help&Settings>Setup>Network ... then Connect Now.

If you don't have a router, you'll need one.
If you want to connect via wireless or powerline, we can help.

Let us know more about your setup and we'll do what we can!
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   dminches

dminches

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

Would I be correct in thinking that connecting my HR-20 to my router via hard wire as opposed to wireless would be a much preferred setup given the amount of data required for a DoD download? Has anyone benchmarked the time require to grab a 1 hour show via wired or wireless?

DirecTV subscriber since 1994
HR44 (5 TB eSata) -> Runco LS-5 via HDMI

HR24-500 (2 TB eSata) -> Samsung 50" via HDMI
HR24-100 (1.5 TB eSata) -> Sony 50E2000 via HDMI
HR24-700 - owned (2 TB internal) -> Samsung LN32A550 via HDMI
HR20-100s - owned -> Sony Bravia 40"

#6 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

Would I be correct in thinking that connecting my HR-20 to my router via hard wire as opposed to wireless would be a much preferred setup given the amount of data required for a DoD download? Has anyone benchmarked the time require to grab a 1 hour show via wired or wireless?

It does not matter how you hook it up. Wired or wireless will be faster then you will be able to download over the internet anyway.

But if you can wire it I would do it that way because it will be much easier and faster to set up.

#7 OFFLINE   JacenSolo

JacenSolo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:31 PM

Ok, here's what I have, maybe someone can walk me through what i need to do. I have a SMCWEBT-G wireless ethernet bridge, and a buffalo WHR-G54S wireless router......should i set my smc as an access point or an ethernet adaptor..etc......i'm clueless

#8 OFFLINE   knoxbh

knoxbh

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:46 AM

o.k. guys - I really need some help on setup. I have Brighthouse Roadrunner (broadband); Linksys router; HR20 (3). Now, for further info, I am 82 years young and please keep the info as simple as possible! I am not able to hardwire the connection between the router & HR20 so I will have to use a wireless system. I am assuming the wireless connection is an ethernet receiver which is plugged into the ethernet plug on the rear of the HR20. If this is correct, what receiver should I get, approximate price, and where can it be purchased? By the way, the router is presently used to connect my laptop to the HP Media Center PC. Thanks in advance for your help.
Finally made 86 - looking forward to 87!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...