Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

fox HD suite

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

A year or 2 ago there rumors of directv adding a suite of fox HD channels when there new satelltes went up. kind of in response to DISH getting VOOM,so is this true? or did DIRECTV change there mind when LIBERTY took conrol of directv from rupert murdoch?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Hoxxx

Hoxxx

Cool Member/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

A year or 2 ago there rumors of directv adding a suite of fox HD channels when there new satelltes went up. kind of in response to DISH getting VOOM,so is this true? or did DIRECTV change there mind when LIBERTY took conrol of directv from rupert murdoch?

look here:http://www.tvpredict...ry070830-194945
1:HR20 with a eSATA-750 gb, 1:HR20, 3:H20's,
Samsung 56" DLP HLT5689S,
Samsung 32" LCD LNR328W,
Sharp 20" LCD LC-20SH20U,
Polaroid 17" LCD FLM-1511,
Magnavox 15" LCD
Playstation 3, XBOX 360,
Toshiba HD-XA2, Onkyo TX-SR606, Mirage Sound System with Sub, (((XM))) Sub since 3/6/2003,
Using 1 MyFi's, and a Lucerne with Factory XM

#3 OFFLINE   gizzorge

gizzorge

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:03 AM

Thanks for posting the link to that article. I'm glad D* will carry Fox News HD. I was worried that there would only be one HD news network.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for posting the link to that article. I'm glad D* will carry Fox News HD. I was worried that there would only be one HD news network.

:thats:
After replying I just realized that someone might be serious, and not making a joke. If you are serious, sorry. I just cant seem to grasp the need for all news to be in HD.

#5 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,355 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:15 AM

You mean you don't want to see all that Senator Craig bathroom stuff in HD??? :P

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#6 OFFLINE   gizzorge

gizzorge

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

LOL...

It's actually not that I want my news coverage in HD to get every drop of sweat on people's heads. It's just FOX News' SD feed on D* is awful on my big screen TV, and the HD would clear it up a bit.

I'd like the science channel and sci fi in HD before the news, though.

#7 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,957 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

If I remember correctly, this rumor was started by a man who claimed to be an "insider", but as a rule, his track record was pretty spotty and most of the predictions he made either never came to fruition, or took a lot longer than he stated it would (as in, years).

There was a CREDIBLE source (an article), if I remember correctly that stated Fox was working on a SINGLE HD channel with Fox programming... though I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Personally, I would like to see FX being this channel as a simulcast of this channel isn't that great of an idea since a lot of the shows on it (King Of The Hill, That '70's Show, Married With Children, etc) aren't HD...

~Alan

Protected By... spam firewall...And...