Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Some channels' pictures disappear when HR20-700 is set to "native" mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Registered
  • 8,356 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

I took delivery of a new HDTV this week and up till then, when my HR20-700 was installed, I turned the "native" mode to on so it would match each channel's broadcast to the TV. I found the HR20-700's native mode to work much better than the HR10-250, where I always had to press press "full/panel" to change the image.

Upon getting my new HDVT, when I tune to certain channels, like CNN or FOX News, for example, my TV screen goes black with a message that says "mode not supported." If I turn off the native mode option, then I can view these channels, but then I'm forced to manually select "format" on my HR20-700's remote to fit it to the screen, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem? (Again, it only happens on a select number of channels.) I sure liked having the HR20-700 in native mode, but unless there's something I'm missing here, I'll be forced to have its native mode turned off.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:26 PM

I bet your TV doesn't support 480i...try unchecking that you should be good to go.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

That did it. Thanks!

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#4 OFFLINE   cygnusloop

cygnusloop

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

I expect that you are hooked up using HDMI, and that your TV does not support 480i over HDMI.

Simple solution:

Menu>Help & Settings>Setup>HDTV - go to the TV Resolutions Tab. Un-select 480i.

This should fix your problem, and your TV will still handle the formating as you are wanting.

EDIT: Me too slow... Well done DCSholtis.

#5 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:14 AM

But I thank you for your input anyway. I'm glad it was something simple (it usually is, isn't it? :D ). I'm not an idiot when it comes to these things, but sometimes I end up telling myself, "Duh!" when someone provides the solution. :P

Protected By... spam firewall...And...