Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20-700 Audio & Video glitches - HD only

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   snewo

snewo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

Lately I've been noticing audio and sometimes audio & video glitches on HD channels on my HR20-700. It happens on both recordings and live TV. It happens on multiple channels, I've seen it on HDNet and TNTHD at least. It lasts for only a fraction of a second and happens again a few minutes later (usually).

I'm trying to determine if I have a problem or if others are seeing this. If others are not seeing this, which transponder carries these channels. Any other advice you have I'm willing to hear. My box has been performing exceptionally well since I got it, I'm hoping this isn't a sign that my luck is changing.

Snewo
Beer....it's what's for dinner.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   snewo

snewo

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:27 PM

After further investigation, it seems to be limited to HD that was recorded (or i'm watching) within the last 2 HR20-700 software updates. I'm now watching an old HD movie I recorded over 6 months ago and it looks fine.

If this is a hardware problem it's limited to reception and not playback. So is anyone else experiencing this?

Snewo
Beer....it's what's for dinner.

#3 OFFLINE   TriggerDeems

TriggerDeems

Godfather

• Registered
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:29 AM

After further investigation, it seems to be limited to HD that was recorded (or i'm watching) within the last 2 HR20-700 software updates. I'm now watching an old HD movie I recorded over 6 months ago and it looks fine.

If this is a hardware problem it's limited to reception and not playback. So is anyone else experiencing this?

Snewo

It could by many things. Those channels are on the satellites primarily affected by tilt of the dish (the 119 and 110 satellites), so your dish might be out of alignment. It could be a bad cable connection caused by some moisture or something from the last rain storm you had. It could be your reciever (try a menu reset, then a red button reset, then a plug pull reset, in that order). It could be a bad lnb on the dish. It could be a bad multiswitch.
Trigger

#4 OFFLINE   TriggerDeems

TriggerDeems

Godfather

• Registered
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:30 AM

Here you can find transponder assignments:
http://www.dbstalk.c...500&postcount=1
Trigger

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:36 AM

You might want to log all the information you've got in the issues thread. It could be completely random, it could mean your dish has drifted out of alignment recently... but it's hard to tell without more information.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...